GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Electrical/Electronic domain knowledge expert within the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
team, providing technical knowledge and support to the electrical production line within the Nailsea
manufacturing facility, as well as providing the focal point between engineering and manufacturing
· Domain knowledge expert in electrical/electronic engineering design with manufacturing
experience to act as the focal point between engineering and manufacturing – liaise with Systems
AMEs and Product MEs.
· Drive design for manufacture and lessons learnt implementation at the initial engineering
design stage for non-NPI products and work alongside engineering to guide the design through to
the first off builds on the production line.
· Point of contact and active participant in non-NPI related product design and design reviews
performing upfront analysis of engineering documentation to ensure design for manufacture, plant
capabilities and lessons learned are considered to ensure a robust, manufacturable product is
· Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities in cost of poor quality
(COPQ) projects, product yield improvements and productivity.
· Responsible for the development of assembly processes, procedures and work instructions.
· Develop technical solutions to manufacturing issues and gain buy in from engineering team
· Leads the first off build on project work.
· Take ownership when investigating performance issues to root cause, implement and validate
effectiveness of solutions in line with customer expectations.
· Participation in process mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimize
· Develop site receipt test reports for services work.
· Coaching and mentoring of Product ME’s.
· Continuous improvement and lean are critical activities for this role.
· Experienced in Electrical / Electronics design engineering.
· Experienced Manufacturing Engineer from an electrical or electronics background.
· Must have an excellent level of understanding of electrical/electronic assembly and
· Excellent level of understanding of process and design.
· Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement.
· Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications and
manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean techniques, ERP & Quality Management System.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively.
Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology.
· The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and
excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
· Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for
quality and on time delivery.
· Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high
level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion &
enthusiasm to drive change.
· Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
· Good English – both written and verbal communication skills.
· Competent PC Skills.
· Confident with applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems – Oracle,
Team Centre and EPIMS desired.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome
and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not
be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy
the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to influence others.
· Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
· Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
· Experience of using Oracle software.
· Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt desirable.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.