GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
In the role of Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Composites Processing), you will: Drive process improvements in wind blade & nacelle manufacturing to deliver fulfillment and improvement on key metrics (e.g. cost, cycle, and quality) which have been defined as critical to deliver business performance
· Assist the NPI (New Product Introduction) design team and sourcing organization to produce new blade & nacelle designs by leading the development of state-of-the-art composite manufacturing processes with our suppliers and qualify tooling and processes
· Work with Suppliers to develop and document new processes, provide input on operator training and facilities & equipment, and drive efforts at reducing production cycles, and quality problems
· Manage projects that develop and support implementation of cost out objectives.
· Assist Suppliers and SQE (GE Supplier Quality) team with trouble shooting problems with current designs and improving those designs through application of improved processes
· Work with GE businesses (Additive, Global Research Center, LM WindPower), University, and other 3rd Party resources to develop next generation composite manufacturing processes for new and existing blade & nacelle designs
· Review and approve new process specifications and drawings, and provide input on updating existing specifications and drawings
· Leverage Continuous Improvement methodologies, including Six Sigma processes and tools, to ensure improvement in quality and total product cost
· This role requires travel of 30-50%, some of which may be international
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or associate degree with a strong of experience in Manufacturing)
· Experience in Manufacturing Process and Equipment
· Flexibility in handling a diverse and challenging workload
· Strong oral and written communication skills, with fluency in English
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Experience in wind blade or nacelle manufacturing
· Experience and Skill in using 3D modeling / 2D Drawing systems (Catia preferred), Model based Manufacturing techniques, and/or Flow & Thermal modeling for composite processing
· Solid technical and working experience and expertise in a wide range of Composite manufacturing processes including Resin Infusion, Resin Transfer Molding, Automated Composite Manufacturing, Composite Tooling, and Chemistry & Physics of Composites Materials
· Advanced Engineering and/or business degree
· Specific experience in vacuum assisted resin infusion composite processing and/or carbon fiber composite processing technologies
· Composite manufacturing tooling development experience
· Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun
and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that
create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and
resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media