Garching, Lichtenfels, Munich
In this role, you will be a key member of the AddWorks European Design Team. You will work with external and GE internal businesses to help to introduce additive technology into them appropriately, training their teams, identifying business cases and realising new part and product deigns in metal additive manufacturing, supporting the customer and accelerating their journey from first contact up to their final serial production release of their parts.
· Support customer engagements, interpret customer requirements and delivering additive manufacturing knowledge transfer to the customer through training, workshops & execution of collaborative design, development & manufacturing projects
· Product redesign or new product clean sheet design of parts, assemblies and systems for metal additive manufacturing considering DMLM, EBM and/or Binder Jet modalities
· Able to work in a cross functional, global team
· Willingness to travel up to 25%
· Bachelors/Masters degree in an Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Good written and spoken knowledge of English and German languages
· Strong working knowledge of one or more CAD systems e.g. NX, CREO, CATIA
· Familiarity with mechanical & thermal simulation tools e.g. Ansys Workbench
· Some additive manufacturing experience
· Proven industrial experience
· Familiarity with additive manufacturing technologies and design for additive
· Working knowledge of simulation tools, such as ANSYS Workbench
· Experience in AM build job preparation – part orientation & support design
GE Additive – part of GE - is a world leader in additive design and manufacturing, a pioneering process that has the power and potential to transform businesses. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines and quality materials, we empower our customers to build innovative new products. Products that solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes and help change the world for the better. GE Additive includes additive machine providers Concept Laser and Arcam EBM; along with additive material provider AP&C.