At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
We are currently seeking for a creative, and hands-on UX/UI Designer who will be part of our EY Athens Design lab. Your role as a UX/UI designer is primarily concerned on creating delightful yet simple user-centered experiences. This is an excellent chance to be part of a rapidly growing global, client-facing team of Design professionals with core focus on design and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
· Facilitate each step of the design process; from research to implementation
· Conduct user research in order to evaluate each step of the design process (qualitative & quantitative)
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
· Develop user personas and scenarios
· Communicate with users to understand their goals and objectives
· Collaborate with analysts, product management and engineering teams in developing compelling UX deliverables and specifications
· Explain design decisions and trade-offs to stakeholders
· Determine information architecture
· Create end-to-end workflows that show processes and user tasks
· Develop design concepts, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups
· Concieve, and annotate the navigation, functionality and page-to-page flows
· Ensure that the design system is applied across products and maintain consistency in visual elements
· Conduct UATs
· Conduct competitive research (new features, value proposition)
· Stay on top of new technology and trends in mobile UX/UI designs
Skills and attributes for success
· Able to deliver innovative conceptual thinking, whilst also having the right analytical and technical mindset and skills to work out the details to deliver real value to clients
· Creatively intuitive and able to apply a wide range of Design Thinking techniques
· Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Qualified, with a recognized degree (essential) and Masters (desirable)
· 2-5 years of relevant experience creating and implementing UX/UI design of software, web and mobile applications
· Thorough understanding of an iterative user-centered design process
· Ability to present actionable insights based on qualitative and quantitative research and to communicate effectively with project stakeholders
· Knowledge of relevant design artefacts (e.g. personas, customer-journeys, storyboards, user flows, mockups, prototypes, and pixel perfect designs)
· Command of leading design & prototyping software applications (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, Invision and other design related tools )
Experience with coding and familiarization with Material Design, Human Interface Guideline
Experience in financial services is a plus
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience from working in a multinational environment
· Client facing experience from a professional services background
· Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
· A portfolio with demonstrated examples of designing superior, original, UX experiences for both enterprise and consumer applications.
· Ability to work as part of a team
What we are looking for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.Plus, we offer:
· Plenty of training opportunities
· A clear path of progression, tailored to your own unique talents and ambitions
· Exposure to colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.