We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our international tax and transaction services team, who recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A.
You will be working with some of the largest corporation in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals. Working within our International Tax Service (ITS) Practice focusing on the Core offering (Product & Services and Telecoms, media & Technology).
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITS team who have expanded exponentially in the North in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
To work as part of the tax client team covering coordination, project management and account administration tasks, freeing time for the tax technical teams to focus on client service and tax technical work. This allows all tax team members to focus their efforts on their core skills and therefore optimise the department's contribution to the business.
Your key responsibilities
· Project management of tax compliance engagements including planning, scheduling work, coordinating and communicating between the UK teams and the delivery hub, managing any changes to schedule, keeping teams updated etc.
· Acting as first point of contact with the delivery hub for non tax technical queries
· Ensuring databases are correctly set up with company and assignee information
· Liaison with HMRC regarding standard correspondence
· Support the team with financial management and invoicing, including oversight of the centralised billing team
· Knowledgeable regarding all EY databases and software to support the team
· Assistance on ad hoc projects
Quality and Risk Management (QRM)
· Act as QRM coordinator for relevant projects to ensure relevant authority is acquired, either where locally engaged, or working under a sub-contract arrangement with another EY country
· Liaise with the central QRM team as appropriate
· Be proficient with the rules around independence and data privacy forms for assignees
Account Management (Client Responsibilities)
· Deal with non technical client queries
· Liaise with clients to set up briefings, meetings or conference calls
· Confident, helpful and approachable contact for clients on a day to day basis
· Provide general admin support to ensure the smooth running of the account e.g. setting up account meetings, distributing agendas etc
· Manage client specific mailboxes
Skills and attributes for success
· Project co-ordination skills with ability to complete tasks on an accurate and timely basis
· Plan, manage and prioritise deliverables
· Ability to manage upwards to ensure that the project deliverables meet the agreed timetable
· Strong communicator, able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally and have a positive impact
· Pro-active and reliable team member with the ability to work effectively with others and share information readily
· Exercise good judgement, with the ability to know when to flag issues and when to make own decisions
· Good numerical and data analysis skills
· Pro-active "can do" attitude
· Receptive to change and a flexible approach
· Demonstrate initiative in approach to projects/assignments and a willingness to challenge the status quo
· Attention to detail and commitment to high quality
To qualify for this role you must have
· Experience gained in an administration/project management/customer service role
· Evidence of knowledge of Microsoft systems and databases
· Evidence of working well under pressure
· Evidence of problem solving
· Evidence of good business writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.