EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We currently have an opportunity for you to join our Insurance Tax practice as a senior. Working with dedicated professionals in the insurance industry, you will be involved in dynamic tax compliance projects to develop your tax technical knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior, you will juggle multiple tasks in a high performing environment. You will be involved in financial statement audits as well as prepare and review tax returns. You will also be responsible for relationship management which includes building lasting professional relations with key employees of clients and analyzing engagement results to continue to provide exceptional client service to our Insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Self-motivation and critical thinking
· Eager to build professional network
· Understanding of key elements of client care and service which involves finding ways to simplify and improve work processes
· Recognizing business issues and using alternative solutions to resolve them.
· Looking for ways to increase efficiency on engagements
· Seeking to enhance knowledge through technical reading, continuing education, and other means
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of Tax experience
· CPA or licensed Attorney, or the ability to achieve either certification
· Knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101
· Income tax support for audits and income tax experience for Insurance companies as well as C Corporations
· At least 2 - 3 years of experience in preparing 1120, 1120 PC, 1120 L and consolidated group returns; experience reviewing these returns is preferred
Ideally, you'll also have
· Direct experience in state and local taxation (e.g., state return compliance, state income tax accounting, state apportionment fundamentals)
· Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines; strong sense of urgency
· Detail orientation
· Ability to identify issues and offers solutions and recommendations
· Supportiveness of firm goals, policies, and guidelines
What we look for
· Leadership ' conducts him or herself in a manner that inspires, and educates Patience & Organization ' in high performing environment, delays beyond our control occur. It's important to have the ability to put tasks to the side to allow for the dust to settle and move on to other tasks.
· Passion & Drive ' Being in management in public accounting is not a spectator sport. It requires constant movement and reinvention.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. We also offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.