Join EY's Tax Policy team and work with clients to develop proposals for changes in tax policy that can be taken to government, both in the UK and overseas.
In the Tax Policy team we help clients and colleagues across the firm to manage the risks and maximise the opportunities that emerge from developments in UK and global tax policy.
Our approach involves developing technical policy options - covering economic issues, tax legislative concerns and fiscal costings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a high-quality entry-level post.
Your key responsibilities
· A range of administrative tasks including account administration
· Carrying out research to support senior members of the team
· Supporting with project management tasks
Skills and attribute for success
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· A pro-active and flexible attitude towards team working
· Organisational and planning skills to complete tasks on an accurate and timely basis
· Ability to manage upwards to ensure that the deadlines for deliverables meet the agreed timetable
· Good numerical skills
· Attention to detail and commitment to high quality
To qualify for the role you must have
· Good writing skills: able to communicate clearly with a range of audiences
· Strong IT skills (especially in Power Point, and Excel)
Ideally, you'll also have:
· An educational background in policy development
· A keen interest in tax policy development or experience working in policy development with an interest in tax
What we look for
Relevant employment experience. Experience in a big 4 firm, law firm or similar consultancy, a policy think-tank or central Government department is an advantage but not a necessity
What working at EY offers?
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and wellbeing, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.