Senior – Data Analyst
EY's Advisory Services is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services that leverage deep industry experience with strong functional and technical capabilities and product knowledge. EY’s financial services practice provides integrated advisory services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, retail banks, investment banks, broker-dealers & asset management firms, and insurance firms from leading Fortune 500 Companies. Within EY’s Advisory Practice, Data and Analytics team solves big, complex issues and capitalize on opportunities to deliver better working outcomes that help expand and safeguard the businesses, now and in the future. This way we help create a compelling business case for embedding the right analytical practice at the heart of client’s decision-making.
· The role requires Financial Services domain hands-on experience with Data Management, Integration and ETL tools like Informatica Power Center/IBM DataStage/ SQL Server SSIS development skills along with strong ability to: Work as a lead developer to contribute in various technical streams of data management projects
· Comprehend and translate business requirements into technical specifications and build elegant, efficient, and scalable solutions based on specifications
· Understand, analyse, and interpret large datasets and demonstrate sound knowledge of ETL and data-warehousing concepts
· Complex Data blending with ETL tools, extracting data from the source system(database, files, SFDC etc.)
· Strong understanding of data concepts such as data warehouses, data marts, data extraction, preparation processes, data modelling, etc.
· Demonstrate sound knowledge of database design and optimization
· Develop data movement audit and error management processes.
· Develop data reconciliation processes
· Perform analysis to assess the quality of the data, determine the meaning of the data, and provide data facts and insights
· Interface and communicate with the onsite teams directly to understand the requirement and determine the optimum solutions
· Create technical solutions as per business needs by translating their requirements and finding innovative solution options
· Provide product and design level functional and technical expertise along with best practices
· Lead and mentor a team throughout design, development and delivery phases and keep the team intact on high pressure situations.
· Get involved in business development activities like creating proof of concepts(POCs), point of views (POVs), assist in proposal writing and service offering development, and capable of developing creative power point content for presentations
· Participate in organization-level initiatives and operational activities
· Ensure continual knowledge management and contribute to internal learning and development teams
· BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA with 5 - 12 years industry experience
Technical skills requirement:
· Strong proficiency in SQL (Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Cursors)
· Excellent competency on developing Alteryx flows and packages
· Proven good experience in working with Complex and large volume database and performance tuning with understanding over various tools offered by MS-SQL Server, Oracle etc.
· In-depth experience in data management, data integration, ETL, data modeling, data mapping, data profiling, data quality and controls, data analysis, reporting, and testing areas
Good to have:
· Understanding data governance and data security principles
· Programming experience (e.g. application development or scripting languages – Perl, VBasic, VBScript, Unix Shell scripts)
· Exposure and understanding over SQL Server features towards XML/Spatial datatypes and understanding business needs to build the logic
· Experience using Agile methodologies
· Experience using cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
· Experience on Banking and Capital Markets domains
Other Key capabilities:
· Client facing skills and proven ability in effective planning, executing and problem-solving
· Excellent communication, inter-personal, and teamworking skills
· Multi-tasking attitude, flexible with ability to change priorities quickly
· Methodical approach, logical thinking, and ability to plan work and meet deadlines
· Accuracy and attention to details
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to travel to meet client needs
· Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
· Ability to quickly understand and learn new technology/feature and should inspire change to make an impact within the team and in a client organization