Job Description: - Operational Readinessis in the process of preparing and enhancing current team to perform and/or coordinate Operational Readiness Technical Guidence (ORTG) activities to help raise confidence of successful deployments for projects/programs.The objective of ORTC team is to co-ordinate with other teams to ensure the solution is ready to be used and deployed to production post mitigating any risks.
Service will be introduced for new and enhanced services primary focus on large or enterprise programs.
The Operational Readiness Technical Guidence role is responsible for coordinating and/or performing a series of checks to validate if a product is meeting all valid non fucntional requirement before deployment to ensure successful handover smooth deployment to production enviornment . This enables operations team to take decision if the incoming solution is operationally ready , prior to introducing the service into the live network.
Operations Readiness Technical Guidence in the process of building team to perform and/or coordinate Operations Readiness Testing Function . The role would be having the responsibility for building the process ,toolkits /checklists required by the team to actively carryout the function .
· ORTG is to check the usability and maintainability of the solution much earlier in the lifecycle, therefore enabling the stakeholders of Operations to decide whether the incoming solution is operationally acceptable or not.
· ORTG ensure that all the configuration on production system is done correctly. Configuration such as database, server is verified to avoid risks in production environment. Also, a sanity check is performed in this testing to verify if infrastructure is functioning properly as expected before it is made live.
· Infrastructure testing is that part of a test project covering the product risks that relate to the target infrastructure. Typical projects with such product risks include hardware migrations, lifecycle management
· Coordinates and ensures that the tested solution is ready in terms usability and maintainability according to the operational standards and agreements.
· Eases acceptance into operations.
· Allows application ownership to measure the Operational Confidence level.
What all do we look for or check in ORTG: Database backup, Database Recovery, Software Installation and Configuration, Rollback, Failover, Performance testing results, Regression, Security, Maintainability, Supportability
Contribute to the Permit-to-Operate process and decision
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Strong understanding of ORT process and supporting implementation of the same.
· Experience in End to End infrastructure testing for a program /project to help organisation scale to meet challenges resulting from multidimensional complexity of their growing infrastructure and application portfolios.
· Non-functional testing and Performance engineering.Have good experience in testing methodologies and tools.
· Good skills in in understanding of non-functional requirements of a given Project to be able to classify and have similar discussions related to requirements with relevant teams.
· Good experience in leading Waterfall/ agile projects.
· Experience writing test strategies and test plans related to engineering systems IT infrastructure and IT systems.
· Experience in creating strategies, test approach and the ability to create test summary’s reporting at a program level
· Clear understanding on creation of test script for business transactions in scope of each application, integrated system testing through Performance center, Monitoring through SCOM, AppDynamics etc.
· Experience in developing pre-built solutions/checklist that help organizations identify potential infrastructure defects early on in the life cycle.
IT Service Management (Supportability)
· Installation and back out
· Security and Penetration
· Backup and Restoration
· Failover (Within the same data center)
· Component fail-over
· Network fail-over
· Recovery (across data canters)
· Data recovery
· System recovery
· Monitoring and Alerts (to ensure proper alerts are configured in the system if something goes wrong)
· Experience in testing New builds such as new hardware deployment and integration
· Experience in large Migrations such as physical relocation to a new data center or as part of consolidation and virtualization projects.
· Experience in working with integrated test suite for both infrastructure and applications, thus providing a single point of assurance.
· Have strong understanding and experience in IT infrastructure, networking systems and strong testing experience across such projects.
· Have a strong understanding of Mobile technologies
· Good Understanding of different models followed across Service Management & Service Delivery
· Have good knowledge in Defect analysis and reporting.
· Good Operational experience /understating
· Good Project Management experience or relevant experience in Project management for at-least 3 years desirable
· Excellent communication skills(written & verbal-English)
· Solid Interpersonal skills
· Readiness or eager to learn and or adapt to any work environment
· Sound knowledge on MS Office application packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
· Solid collaborative skills, to be able to work in a diverse & geographically dispersed organisation
· Solid networking skills within peers and other work group
· Flexibility and ability to work virtually across global time zones
· Ability to manage broad range of stakeholders
· Periodically work on producing Reports/Dashboards for EOW/Warranty
· Should be proficient with MS WORD/Powerpoint/Visio to create documents and presentations
· Desired Certifications – ISTQB Expert /Advance level Testing certifications
· Sound understanding of ITIL or ITIL Foundation certificate preferred
· Approximately 10-14 years of total or relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Good understanding in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma practices is preferred or may be sourced from within the team.
Analytical & Decision making skills:
In this role, one would be required to assess a Projects scope, challenges or issues that might come up, issues/risks that can be avoided, impact of the CR(Change request) raised on GO thus would require sound analytical and prompt decision making skills. The role possesses & requires critical thinking skills and the ability to quickly identify and understand where there are gaps within projects, processes or in the ORTG model and to direct or propose changes to minimize any issues or risk.