EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives using COTS, MOTS and custom developed applications hosted using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS hosting models. Our mission is to help build a better working world and we can’t do it without the right people – exceptional people who want to work with the best, develop their skills as leaders and create positive change.
What are you going to do?
· Architectand designsolutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
· Create and review architecture and solution designartifacts
· Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
· Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
· Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
· Guidance of engineering staff and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
· Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations
· Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
· Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
· Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
· Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
· Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
What do we need from you?
· Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
· Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
· Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
· Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
· Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products.
· The role is primarilyan individual contributor in aglobal Solution Architecture team; works with architecture leaders and peers, project managers, engineers, business analysts and business stakeholders to drive a project’s progress and ensure success.
· Overtime and vacation scheduling are dependent upon team priorities and may change during the course of a year.
· Position may be eligible for alternative work locations dependent upon team dynamics.
· Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
· Position requires accurate and timely tracking of time spent working on projects
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
· Minimum of 15+ years overall IT industry experience
· Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
· Experience inarchitecting and designingtechnical solutionsforMicrosoft-centric solutions based on industry standardsusingAzure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
· Experience with any of the following: O365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD
· Experience with claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
· Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
· Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
· Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
· Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
· Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
· Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase
· Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
· Experience with data ingestion technologies such as Aspera, MoveIT, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, Pentaho, Alteryx
· Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, D3, Scrapinghub
· Experience with analytics tools including SPSS
· Experience with machine learning tools such as Azure ML, IBM, AWS, etc.
· Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions forstakeholders and guidingproject teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
· Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
· Experience in solution delivery using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
· Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
· Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques.
· Microsoft, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, PMP, etc.
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.