When our clients are facing complex finance and controllership issues, they look to us to set it right. Whether a system conversion has been miscalculated or they simply don’t have the knowledge in the right area of accounting, we provide the answers to the big questions nobody else can.
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. That means you’ll need to think on your feet and challenge existing practices to develop answers to complex issues. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our clients to benefit from our knowledge in other areas. Regular travel will be required as you will be meeting with key clients, some of those being the most respected in their fields.
Skills and attributes for success
· Consulting with clients on complex accounting issues
· Collaborating with partners, senior managers and clients to influence strategy, balancing risk and client expectations
· Ensuring our Engagement team thoroughly understands our clients’ unique needs, ambitions and expectations
· Building relationships with colleagues across multiple service lines to provide seamless integrated service
· Managing performance and identifying opportunities to improve our products and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree, CPA certification and 3 to 5 years work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm
· Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge
· A deep understanding of the marketplace, as well as commonly used terminology, processes and tools
· A proven record of excellence when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing colleagues
· The confidence to research and resolve emerging client issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A master's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related discipline
· Audit experience in a large firm
What we look for:
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.