Description de l'offre
Senior Consultant Transaction Tax
Our transaction tax professionals advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions. They assist clients with structuring transaction tax efficiently and undertake tax due-diligence reviews of potential targets. They also advise companies and promoters on restructuring their corporate structure, in order to achieve tax and regulatory efficiencies as well as achieve business objectives including succession planning.e you’ll work on a variety of transactions.
Transaction tax professionals look after clients of all sizes across all industries, working closely with colleagues in different service lines around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you’ll work on a variety of transactions.
This range from acquisitions of small family-owned businesses to significant, newsworthy deals, including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, de-mergers, joint ventures, refinancing or stock exchange transactions. Each will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career.
Your key responsibilities
Your main objective is to help the Transaction tax team deliver quality deliverables using tax knowledge gained from training and assistance from more experienced tax professionals. Contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner.
· Your client responsibilities
· Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
· To the extent you have client contact, build productive working relationships with your clients
· Your people responsibilities
· Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn
· Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources
· Provide timely and high quality services and work products
· Mentoring and coaching interns and consultants
· Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities
· Research and analysis of transaction tax related laws (such as domestic and international tax, corporate laws, SEBI, FEMA, Competition Act, stamp duty laws etc.) on inbound and outbound deals, corporate reorganizations, securities market aspects, etc.
· Research on tax theory and positions, and apply them to specific client needs
· Prepare deliverables capturing implications arrived on the basis of above research, in word, PowerPoint, excel or email form as required
· Perform direct tax diligence (this involves scrutinizing past tax issues, record, compliance, etc. of the target) and capture the facts and analysis in a diligence report
· Use and apply the right tax practice processes and tools to be as efficient as possible in your work
· Be updated on latest developments and share articles on industry trends
· Maintain and keep upto date records of internal documents / working papers
· Preparing training presentation on recent regulatory developments.
· Support knowledge sharing efforts and improve processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
· Network internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients
· Ensure compliance with risk management strategies, plans and activities.
· MIS: Follow up on billing, collection, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously & Attention to detail
· Positive attitude and responsible and ability to handle pressure
· Willingness to travel locally and outside city for work
To qualify for the role you must have
· A qualified CA with 2 – 3 years of post-qualification experience in direct taxation matters and working knowledge of SEBI, FEMA and stamp duty laws
· Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in transaction tax related laws
· Additionally, a certified degree in CS / LLB with practical experience will also be preferred
Ideally you’ll also have
· Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
· Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
· Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
· Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.