Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Americas Learning Instructional Designer translates client business learning requirements, or learning blueprints, into high level learning solution designs and oversees the production of the detailed designs, including storyboards, scripts and messaging, session process and flow, concepts delivered, etc. The primary focus of this role is to translate internal client learning needs and requirements into innovative and creative high level learning solution designs, considering and applying learning methods, modalities, audiences and content that support the client’s business strategy.
Individuals in this role are responsible for designing and supporting implementation of evidence-based learning solutions, through collaboration with a broad range of Americas Learning Team members and internal and external partners and vendors. This individual will consistently apply a set of standardized leading practices, processes and technologies to streamline, improve the quality, impact and cost-effectiveness of learning projects and programs, and will take the lead in managing a range of learning design initiatives of widely varying complexity. This position serves and is recognized as a content leader and influencer in the field of instructional design.
· Articulates innovative and creative design strategies and establishes a high level learning design plan; determines priorities and defines the processes and steps required to achieve the identified objectives across all projects/efforts relating to learning design and development
· Works with Americas Learning Team members to identify and evaluate possible learning solutions and select the most appropriate ones
· Implements evidence-based standards, processes, tools and templates for the design and development of learning and/or development related programs and content, focusing on the learner experience and durability of the learning solution
· Defines and supports execution of recurring design standards and processes, working to continuously improve impact, efficiency and execution
· Captures and supports sharing of best practices and established solutions
· Drives the adoption of a common learning content design and development methodology across the matrix of stakeholders to avoid redundancy
· Develops, maintains and leverages relationships with key stakeholders to influence them on design standards, tools and processes and to facilitate collaboration and effectively share knowledge, technology and resources
· Identifies, reads, understands and contextualizes highly relevant learning content and presents this back to the learner in a way that is easy to understand and to navigate
· Directs courses of action and manages relationships for positive implementation
· Benchmarks competitors and external thought leaders for new ideas and best practices
· Aligns with and contributes to global design and development standards and provides strategy and direction for learning programs and content across centers of expertise, service lines and functions
· Builds internal networks to access expertise and relationships with other department or functional leaders and to leverage functional area knowledge throughout the firm
· Builds and sustains relationships with external vendors to increase the consistency and the quality of learning content and to drive efficiency and optimization
· Conceptual Thinking: Integrates and simplifies information in a way that creates clear, simple ideas, concepts, and recommendations
· Design Thinking: Applies a creative thinking process to iteratively clarify needs, define learning strategies and potential solutions collaboratively with team members and clients
To qualify, candidates must have:
· An advanced degree or equivalent work experience
· Approximately 10-15 years related work experience preferably in large matrix organizations
· Experience in management of learning and organizational development initiatives
· Teamwork and Collaboration: Maximizes the performance capacity of all team members by creating an environment that builds cooperation, mutual support and shared responsibility (including a strong understanding of firm structure, leaders, policies and protocols)
· Client Service Mindset: Maintains responsiveness to customers by consistently responding to their needs and interests
· Interpersonal and Influence Skills: Develops and leverages trusting relationships by valuing others’ concerns and contributions and framing desired outcomes in terms of others’ needs and interests (including superior listening and communication skill – both verbal and written)
· Adult Learning Principles Expertise: Demonstrates the ability to apply participative learning principles to enhance learning products/services
· Learning Modality Application: Demonstrates the ability to identify, evaluate feasible applications of, and incorporate various learning modalities and technologies into practical learning solutions
· Training Content and Process Mastery: Applies an in-depth understanding of course materials and delivery methods to improve learning delivery impact (including application of deep knowledge and recognized principles and concepts related to learning design and development)
· Works independently with minimal guidance and within teams
· Prioritizes own deadlines; delegates tasks to others
· Escalates complex issues with recommendations to project sponsors and/or leadership
· May provide coaching/development and direction to other team members
· May provide daily supervision to team members, including setting priorities and providing ongoing feedback
· Working hours, flexible work arrangements and time off may be limited during specific times or deadlines
· Travel may be required pending business and project needs
· Flexibility in working hours to accommodate multiple time zones as needed
· Overtime, as needed to meet deadlines
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.