Evolving customer demands, new technologies and new service models are more than ever pushing traditional financial services providers out of their comfort zone, and even redefining the entire industry. At EY we go further than just help our clients to deal with these changes: we are driving the change, and help shape the financial sector of the future.
Risk Managers and Internal Auditors help financial institutions avoid losses, but also ensure that the organizations are well-equipped to pursue risky, yet profitable opportunities; they have become equal and necessary partners of the business, and their working environment is determined by data and analysis tools, including mathematical models and process knowledge, as well as an increasingly prescriptive regulatory framework. Good risk management is increasingly important to get and maintain the license to operate.
We are looking for professionals who are comfortable operating on this cross-road, and who also possess the interpersonal skills needed in order to solve our clients’ risk management challenges.
The matters we cover
As a future Risk consultant, you will help our clients in the following domains:
· Quantitative modeling (market risk, valuation, credit risk), including the link with accounting (e.g. IFRS 9) and advanced analytics techniques
· The broad regulatory agenda (Solvency II, Basel III and the new SSM world, MIFID & the Consumer Protection agenda, …), and its operational impact
· Qualitative aspects of risk management (ERM, governance, policies, reporting)
· KYC/AML and Third Party Risk Management
· Internal audit and processes & control.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
· You participate to engagements in the Risk practice, whether in the quantitative, qualitative & regulatory space, or in internal audit, depending on your skills and interest
· Some typical tasks you may be assigned to are:
· You use EY tools & models for valuation of financial instruments, in order to provide support to our colleagues from Assurance (this can range from very simple to the most complex instruments, depending on your appetite)
· You participate to model validation exercises, which span all risk drivers (e.g. market & credit risk) and all model types (e.g. pricing models, risk models, internal models for capital requirements calculations)
· You develop a risk appetite report
· You identify and analyze the risk in an operational process
· You act as a first-line contact for a variety of top-class financial services clients and maintain an excellent relationship with our clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Master's Degree in Finance, Risk, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
· Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with proficient level of business English (written and oral)
· Team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
· Strong affinity with numbers, paired with the ability to see the broader picture behind the numbers in the wider regulatory and economic context of the financial sector
· Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA / Java / C++ / SQL / R / Matlab / .NET / Python or data visualization tools such as Spotfire or Tableau is an asset.
What working at EY offers
· You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about their work, within a leading global professional services firm
· We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
· We will support you to ‘learn on the job’ from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role
· We offer you an attractive salary and additional benefits
· The start date for this role is September 2020.
About EY Financial Services
Starting your career at EY Financial Services means you’ll be joining an international financial services business with industry-leading scale and a breadth of opportunities. Discover a great place to work here:https://fscareers.ey.com/students/
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.