The Legal team at EY is a fast growing and dynamic subservice line. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow.
If you are considering a career in EY, start ahead by joining our team and understand what a career with us might be. As a Junior Legal specialist you should be able to gain a more realistic view of our business and workplace environment while we can get to know you better and provide you the platform to gain the knowledge and skills you need to begin your professional career with EY.
Your key responsibilities
As a Junior Legal Specialist, you will be expected to ensure that all the required work output is delivered in a timely manner in line with or exceeding the key performance expectations assigned for your position.
· Participating in preparation of initial legal analysis based on case fact and applicable legislation
Sharing responsibility, providing support and work efficiently as a team member
Maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
Participating and assisting in preparing for meetings with target management teams
Assisting in preparing reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties
Maintaining positive relationships both with the team members and client personnel
Understanding and follow workplace policies and procedures
Contributing to management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
Ensuring legal compliance of the client`s activities and protection of it legal interests;
Preparing legal opinions on various issues that may arise in the course of the client`s operations;
Providing legal support to the Client including labor, finance, administration functions as well as providing verbal or written advice at the request of the client’s management and staff;
Skills and attributes for success
· Civil, labor, financial, administrative, commercial and insurance law of the Azerbaijan;
· Demonstrable experience in delivering quality outputs to clients
· Analyzing, processing and structuring information (data)
· The procedure for systemizing, recording and maintaining legal documents using advanced information technologies;
· The essentials of economics, labor organization, production and management;
· Working with internal work regulations and other corporate policies and procedures.
To qualify for the role you must have
· High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
Graduates preferably majoring in the field of Law degree
· Fluent English, Azerbaijani, Russian (both spoken and written)
Proven team working skills
Commitment to self-development
Good analytical and organizational skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
· Enthusiastic team player
Change orientated with flexible approach
Promote the practice’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publications
Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful and analytical
What we look for
This role is suitable for fresh graduates who are looking to expand their career in one of the leading international professional services company. We are looking for highly talented and motivational people, who want to continue to develop themselves and others when they join the firm.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, a minimum of three weeks of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
The deadline for submission of applications is 19 March, 2020 .
Only successful candidates will be contacted.