The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda – Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines, allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY’s market strategy and a huge opportunity for both the business and EY professionals.
The Transaction Tax Advisory (“TTA”) competency is comprised of teams focused on the tax aspects of the client’s capital agenda. We have dedicated professionals focused on buy-side due diligence, structuring and cash tax modeling; sell-side tax assistance, structuring and cash tax modeling; internal restructuring; capital structure and refinancing; distressed debt and bankruptcy; and tax attribute calculations and monetization strategies. The International Corporate Tax Advisory competency (ICTA) is responsible for advising clients on international tax operations, including cross-border controversy, international policy advisory, international tax quantitative services, internal restructuring and refinancing. The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a focus on intangible property and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With so many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross-competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
The coordinated go-to market and service approach of ICTA and TTA is unmatched in the market. It will offer you significant learning and development within the transaction landscape as well as international cross-border transactions. Our mission is to develop the strongest technicians, commercial market-facing tax professionals and subject-matter resources who will be viewed by clients as trusted advisors.
As an ICTA senior, you’ll see plenty of recent growth and investment – and you’ll see that reflected in your career. It’s no exaggeration to say you’ll be working on highly publicized projects. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies enter the fold, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be working on various responsibilities, from reviewing staff work to assisting with technical planning and global project management. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll be part of a highly trained team, handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value. This is a highly regulated industry, so it’s all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors by taking on bold initiatives and owning new challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
· Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues
· Providing technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
· Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
· Being part of a dedicated client service team and providing performance feedback to staff
· Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A bachelor's degree and around three years of related work experience or a graduate degree and two years of related work experience
· Progress toward (or completion of) a valid CPA certification or licensed attorney status
· Tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience and/or inbound and outbound transaction consulting with international tax research, planning and compliance experience
· Experience managing budgets, projects and people
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong writing, research, analytical, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work in fast-paced professional services environment
· Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
What we look for
We’re looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You’ll need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to bring it to life by developing your team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.