Forensic Discovery & Analytics Team (FD&A), Associate
EY’s Forensic Discovery & Analytics (FD&A) practice is a global, data-focused team within the Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) department. Using state-of-the-art tools and techniques, our team support clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
Our FD&A team practice the full lifecycle of data analysis, from the early stages of identification and collection, through to management, analysis, reporting and production. Our engagements typically require working with large, and often disparate, volumes of electronically stored structured and unstructured information, and the application of advanced analytics techniques. We work with clients across a wide variety of industry sectors (including life sciences, oil and gas, Government and public sector, and technology), supporting investigations, disputes and proactive risk detection.
As an Associate in our FD&A team, you will work on a variety of client engagements with colleagues across the team collecting, processing, analysing and producing large volumes of data from multiple sources. Alongside colleagues, you will combine cutting-edge forensic infrastructure and industry standard toolsets with innovative internally developed software and analytics packages.
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be both intellectually rigorous, a strong technical ability as well as adaptable and able to build strong relationships. You will build your career by demonstrating a flexible working style with self-initiative and the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic reactive team, focusing on the production of high-quality outputs and supporting the delivery on client requirements to often tight deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Contribute to end-to-end eDiscovery engagements, performing tasks across the whole project lifecycle including identification, preservation, analysis and productions.
· Use a range of industry standard software and services to support client requirements such as EnCase, FTK, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace, SQL.
· Provide engagement support to clients including but not limited to user access, workstream setup, analytics and custom object creation within various platforms.
· Build and maintain relationships with clients to develop and enhance their workflows creating synergy between teams.
· Contribute to internal procedures and methodologies including evidence management and automation of processes.
· First or 2:1 class degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Software Engineering (or equivalent).
· Strong independent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong teamwork skills.
· High risk awareness and ability to identify and reduce risk in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to produce high-quality deliverables.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, any additional language is considered as a plus
· Adaptable and able to build strong relationships
· Data processing experience in Nuix or equivalent industry standard tool.
· RCU or RCA certification.
· Scripting language experience, particularly SQL and Python.
· Exposure to Object Oriented programming, particularly C#, C++ or Java.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to manage your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we are dedicated to making EY the best employer.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.