Forensic Data Analytics Senior Manager / Assistant Director, London
With high-profile corporate fraud and regulatory non-compliance cases at the forefront of the news, it is more important than ever for businesses to maintain the authoritative knowledge it takes to investigate, detect, prevent and monitor for risks. Additionally, with the growing volumes of disparate data, and increasing global regulatory scrutiny and changing regulations, it is critical for businesses to expand traditional siloed monitoring methods to emerging technology to accelerate intelligent decision making and build more efficient finance, legal and compliance functions.
EY’s Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused group within the Forensics and Integrity Services department. Our team supports clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, financial crime, regulatory compliance and business disputes.Our clients look to us to make it happen, and as a Forensic Data Analytics Assistant Director, you’ll be right at the heart of that goal. It’s a role with far-reaching implications, so you’ll be working with senior stakeholders across the Financial Services sector with some of the most innovative tools available.
With significant recent investment, we’re experiencing rapid growth in this area. Our Forensic Data Analytics team is working with industry- leading anti-fraud and forensic data analytics technologies to develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud and risk issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across the Financial Services sector, you can expect to take on a wide range of big data opportunities, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge. You will have the opportunity to lead client discussions, manage delivery of large engagements, mentor a team of highly successful data and technology focussed professional and opportunity to innovate exciting technology solutions to meet complex client needs.
Your key responsibilities:
You will balance your time between selling in the market, directly liaising with our clients to understand their complex requirements, formulating tailored innovative solutions and leading a team to deliver our client requirements. Your key responsibilities will include the following:
· Develop business development initiatives, drive go to market campaigns and sales sprints. You will have previous proven experience of achieving per annum sales targetsof £1m
· Managing multi-disciplinary delivery teams, the client and 3rd party professionals on client engagements and providing leadership and shape delivery approaches
· Acting as a subject matter expert in areas such as financial crime, fraud and other imminent client issues advising clients to gain greater insight into their data and the value that data analytics can bring to solve client issues.
· Take a significant role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members.
· Work to support clients and forensic accounting and anti-fraud practitioners on the benefits of forensic data analysis and how it can be applied to their issues
To qualify for the role, you need to have:
We’re interested in passionate leaders, with the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of data. Naturally you’ll need a strong background in cutting edge tools and techniques to successfully complete a complex data analytics project. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that can nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
· Strong academic background with a degree level qualification in a relevant STEM discipline.
· Experience of advising external clients on insights and strategies related to data analytics, ideally in the fraud, Financial Crime, Regulatory Compliance, and litigation support experience in banking capital market and or insurance sectors, including AML, Sanctions, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Market Abuse, Claims and Dispute resolutiondomains.
· A quantifiable history of business development success with a proven record of developing and maintaining relationships with key client stakeholders
· Experience developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients to maximize business development opportunities
· Proven ability to analyse business problems, create solutions combining the right technology & experience and articulate business value
· Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
· Experience of leading large teams, complex engagements and mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance.
· Experience developing your team through constant coaching and feedback, providing challenging goals and guaranteeing your people have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to grow
· Competence in using database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software and link analysis / data visualization software.
· A proven record in data analysis and data science, and an in-depth knowledge of one or more technologies such as SQL databases, and programming languages preferably Python or R. Ideally, you’ll also have an in-depth knowledge visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, or Spotfire. A working knowledge of Hadoop-based technologies, KAFKA and other big data tools.
What we look for:
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be both intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills and a passion for data as well as adaptable and able to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.