As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect and calculate financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
This role sits under the Solution Delivery pillar. The main function of this pillar is to develop solutions created to support the Americas Tax Practice.
EY LLP, is currently seeking high-potential managers to deliver exceptional client service and to fuel the continued exponential growth of our exciting ATTG practice. We are seeking a high-performing ETL Developer with strong experience in Azure and Azure Data Factory who will be responsible to analyze, design and Develop complex ETL workflows in Azure Data Factory.
Your role as a manager (ETL Developer) will focus on to:
· Comprehend business requirements in the Tax domain
· Translate business requirements into solution via data process design
· Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
· Design and Build Data Service APIs.
· Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
· Expose data to end users using Power BI, Azure API Apps or other modern visualization platform or experience.
· Write Complex SQL queries on multiple tables using complex joins
· Identify and understand source data systems; provide resolutions to all data issues
· Perform performance tuning Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems.
· Map source system data to data warehouse tables
· Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
· Prepare technical specifications and documentation for Azure Data Factory pipelines
· Perform end to end Data validation
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience
· Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required
· Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
· Strong collaboration ethic and experience working with remote teams.
· Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals. (nice to have)
· 8+ years of extensive experience on similar ETL tools like: Informatica, Talend Pentaho data extraction and manipulation tool.
· 8+ years writing SQL queries against any RDBMS with query optimization.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities
· Good understanding of unit testing, software change management, and software release management
· Good understanding the star schema and data models in the existing data warehouse.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills as well as a strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and an entrepreneurial approach to work
· Ability to lead virtual and on-site teams, mentor counselees and manage client-serving business
· Strong proficiency and a high level of comfort working with new and emerging technologies
· Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
Ideally, you’ll also:
· Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
· Take ownership of tasks and have the proper judgment to make critical decisions
· Have a strong ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
· Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery, keep team members informed of work status, actively seek assignments when unassigned, challenge traditional procedures used in the past, and attempt to find new approaches and opportunities for process improvement
· Coach/mentor junior team members to help EY continue to build an inclusive culture and high-performing teams
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential managers to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, as well as a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.