About EY: EY is a global leader in Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and Transaction Services. The insights and quality services we deliver build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies throughout the world. We are a $30B+ partnership spanning 150+ countries with 270K+ employees continuously evolving the business landscape to build a better working world.
Our Team’s Culture: EY’s mission is to build a better working world and we can’t do it without the right people: exceptional people know for their thought leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to work with the best, constantly learn and create positive change. In the Shared Business Platforms (SBP) Team within the Client Technology (CT) organization, we use innovative and superior technology capabilities while maximizing efficiency to allow further invest in ongoing growth. Our evolving approach adopts the innovative and cultural approaches of technology leaders:
· To build high performing and independent global teams, we value integrity, respect, collaboration and excellence
· We foster continuous learning through purposeful and broad sharing of knowledge
· We evolve and challenge teams by communicating in a respectful, direct and open manner
· In pursuit of speed and flexibility, we focus on outcomes rather than rules
· To foster creativity, we want work to be fun, exciting and rewarding
· We automate the repeatable to ensure speed and quality
· We exercise good judgement in balancing strategic goals with tactical needs
Reporting directly to the DevOps Cloud Engineering Lead, the Shared Business DevOps Cloud Engineer is responsible for participating in scrum team based activities that are assigned to incubation group.
The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to virtualization & cloud technologies, engineering of new solutions that enhance our existing offerings and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and Network-as-a-service in support of our clients.
The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies, collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams. The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable businesses.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
• Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
• Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an end to end solution.
• Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
• Proactively raising issues to Engineering Lead.
• Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language
• Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
• Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
• Provide required training and support to other peer teams for newly designed and developed functionality.
• Utilize approved tools, adopt key performance indicators (KPIs), increase technology component reuse, and consolidate platforms, environments and products with the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
• Proven solution design skills
• Being able to script and automate a solution end-to-end (infrastructure, middleware and application layers).
Additional skills requirements:
• Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
• Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
• Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
• Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
• Able to adapt to change at short notice.
• Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
• A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
• Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
• Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
• Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
• Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
• Communicative personality.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Self-supporting and independent attitude.
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
• Experience of working in large brown and green field programs.
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.