Description de l'offre
As the financial services industry is facing various challenges dictated by the market, Data & Analytics solutions are key enablers for our clients, major banks and insurers, allowing them to implement cost reduction and cope with a regulatory push, while achieving profitable growth and promoting innovation.
The key matters we cover
At EY Belgium we have a strong Data & Analytics (DnA) team of around 50 consultants, focused on the financial sector – banking, insurance, asset management; our DnA professionals work closely with other departments in domains such as risk management, business optimization and customer intelligence, to translate business requirements into expert technical solutions.
We provide advisory services to the financial sector in domains such as:
• Applied data science (e.g, machine learning, natural language processing, big data analytics) embedded in business processes
• Industrialization of the information delivery lifecycle, ensuring data, reporting and analytics assets continuity during major core business transformations in the right data architecture and operating model
• Advanced data services and data engineering, including data lake data factory and data warehousing services, data migration, data governance and quality, master data management.
Due to expansion of the practice, we are looking for experienced Data Engineers, to join the team.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Support transformation processes towards a data centric culture
• Perform data analysis and source to target mappings
• Design, develop and test ETL/ELT processes and data pipelines
• Perform job scheduling and impact analysis
• Identify and tune performance issues, monitoring data integration and ingestion jobs in multiple environments
• Use a mix of open source and proprietary tools in a hybrid on-site/cloud environment to create data-driven products and solutions
• Work together with our other data engineers, as well as data architects, data scientists and data visualization experts, and client product owners to deliver exceptional client services
• Identify, design and implement process improvements (automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, etc.)
• Implement, maintain & extend best practices and assets in line with market standards and guidelines
• Contribute to traditional data management systems as well as modern ones like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
Profile requirements :
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a related quantitative field
• A passion for working with large, structured and unstructured datasets
• Experience in data modelling and schema design
• Ability to perform root cause analysis on data processes and pipelines to answer specific business question, solve issues and identify opportunities for improvement
• Experience in data integration (ETL/ELT) process design, development and testing
• Knowledge of at least one ETL software technology and scripting languages
• Experience with various database types (relational, columnar, distributed, NoSQL …) and eager to learn new ones
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French, proficient business English, with solid communication & presentation skills
• Experience with Agile methodologies and tools
• Experience in building big data pipelines, architecture and data sets is a major asset
• Ability to work in a structured, efficient manner.
What working at EY offers
• You will join a team of experts, passionate about their work, who deploy leading edge data and analytics solutions
• You will be part of a global professional services firm
• We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management, and access to new technologies and innovative equipment
• You will learn on the job on a daily basis from more experienced professionals.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements , and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.