Description de l'offre
Intern – TAX
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Tax Team. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of leading tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY.
Your key responsibilities
Your main objective is to help the Tax team deliver quality products using general tax knowledge gained from training or education and assistance from more experienced tax professionals. Contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner.
Your client responsibilities:
• Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client
expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract.
Your people responsibilities:
• Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn.
• Work constructively with team to evaluate and improve personal and team performance.
• Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities:
• Conduction tax and social security briefings;
• Preparing and reviewing of withholding tax computations and advance tax;
• Preparing, reviewing and filing individual tax returns;
• Assisting in advisory projects including technical research, drafting memo, presentation etc;
• Co-ordination with the tax authorities and visiting the tax office for regular follow-ups,
rectifications, representations etc.
• Participate in executing work within a group by assisting and delivering work effectively, and teaming with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
• Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work programme and the firm’s methodologies and guidance, and professional standards.
• Use electronic working papers, efficiently including various software applications and
sources of knowledge in an appropriate manner to conduct research.
• Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
• Analyse and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the product.
• Where applicable thoroughly check documents and make available for tax inspections in an appropriate manner.
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products..
Skills and attributes for success
· Good Communication skills ( Written & Oral)
· Proficient in MS word, excel, power point.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Strong Analytical/Numerical ability.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Enthusiastic and Self Starter
· Team Player
· Ability to grasp details
To qualify for the role you must have
· PE II/ IPCC/ PCC qualified. Graduates in B.Com (H).
· No Prior experience required
Ideally you’ll also have
· Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
· Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
· Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible