Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Legal team and you will help provide legal advice to mitigate our business risk as we achieve our commercial goals in a complex environment.
With so many offerings, you have an opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As Legal Assistant/Company secretary, you’ll support the Legal Counsels within the General Counsel's Office (GCO), by performing a wide variety of Company Secretarial duties, including (but not limited to) legal research, document preparation, and provide necessary assistance to the Legal Counsels.
In this role, you’ll receive regular direction from relevant Legal Counsels and your work is assigned by Legal Counsels. You need not supervise others.
· Assist Legal Counsels in handling GCO’s day to day company secretarial work eg. prepare directors’ resolutions, POAs, business registrations, Annual Returns, etc.
· Assist with coordination and organisation of internal document executions (signing)
· Assist Legal Counsels on handling insurance claims, issuing document preservation notices, or obtaining claims confirmations
· Assist Legal Counsels in preparation of articles/materials for presentations, navigating EY internal systems
· Analyse current and proposed legislation on matters important to EY. These could include regulations of the accounting profession, privilege issues, scope of potential liability auditor/accountant independence, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
· 4-5 years’ experience working as Legal Assistant/Company Secretary
· Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, Law School degree preferred
· Knowledge and experience on company secretarial work
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Ability to juggle multiple assignments
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficient in electronic legal research
· Familiarity with the fundamentals of HK law and the HK legal system
· Strong legal writing ability, as well as strong verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with legal analysis
· Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
What working at EY offers
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.