Successfully produces complex conceptualization of ideas to create original art used in the development of electronic/print projects. Uses advanced knowledge of web and new media design skills to produce creative, comprehensive layouts and designs for electronic client deliverables. Maintains and applies advanced design / interactive design skills and a broad knowledge of current design and new media production techniques. Uses advanced communication skills to offer multifaceted conceptual design solutions based on strategies in relation to client business needs. Manages and oversees complex design projects from concept through production, effectively prioritizes and assigns work, and balances multiple priorities simultaneously. Plans and schedules resources to meet client commitments and deadlines. Serves as Creative Business Services (CBS) project manager and works effectively in a team environment.
Purpose of the Job:
· Develops designs and innovative ideas for client deliverables.
· Effectively creates layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of color, images and fonts, allowing for readability of type.
· Effectively utilizes styles, master pages, templates, tracking, kerning and leading.
· Proficient and remains up-to-date with graphics software tools and equipment required of the position, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver etc.
· Troubleshoots technical issues in graphic files and electronic documents for pre-press and printing according to the functional area.
· Effectively participates as a team player in planning, scheduling, and production.
· Maintains awareness of “state-of-the-art” techniques, equipment, best practices and developments within the design community.
· Relates design work to the client’s business needs.
· Determines project scope to define cost estimates, and schedule changes for client approval.
· Supports firm brand, understands, implements, and strictly adheres to the quality standards and procedures established by Ernst & Young, including VI and branding guidelines.
· May cross-train in additional CSG disciplines to provide flexibility during peak times.
· Pursues and shares best practices within the department and among GSS/CSG staff.
· Utilizes the SD tool to ensure all time and materials are logged, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
· Performs CSG standard electronic file management and archiving
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Plans and organizes own work and keeps others informed of status and activities
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Portfolio: A strong electronic design portfolio with a variety of current, leading edge design work
· Communication skills: Good communication skills in English are essential as the role requires direct communication with international team members and clients.
· Tools: Excellent technical knowledge in Adobe Production Premium and related Adobe products are pre-requisits for this role. Should be Internet/computer savvy.
· May be responsible to lead small teams
(What is the minimum level of education required/suggested to perform this job?)
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Graphic Design and/or related discipline, or relevant work experience.
(What type of experience is necessary to perform this job?)
· 3+ years
(Describe and explain any certifications and/or licenses needed or helpful to perform this job)
· A diploma certificate in DTP, covering the tools mentioned above from a reputed institution