The Team Leader role is focused on serving global, priority accounts of EY (multiple defined accounts and/or clusters) and can be specialized to a specific community (consisting of a sector or geography). The role requires the incumbent to proactively develop relationships with the global EY teams serving these engagements and supervise the delivery of GTH engagement management support activities to these teams. The Leader will also have responsibility to coach, mentor and develop a high impact team, manage utilization and grow the depth and breadth of our support to the firm’s priority engagements. While the team leader will be based out of our Gurgaon, Bangalore and Chennai office, will be required to travel to other countries (short to medium term) for executing on client engagements.
Key Responsibilities/Activities – Actions Measure Results - Deliver
· Retention of good performers
· Quality of output of the team
· Feedback from Engagement Team
· Skill set development of team through trainings
· Relationship building with Onshore team
· Expected to champion and lead the global, priority accounts for the designated region
· Contribute and add value to complex engagement (expected to do chargeable work execution/review)
· Perform review on an ongoing basis and take corrective steps where necessary or make incremental improvements
· Develop working relationship with the Audit team senior or AM to ensure effective integration between teams
· Co-ordination, supervision, and development of a growing team of ASAs (Associates and Sr. Associates)
· To facilitate establishment of new work from project initiation to ‘business as usual
· Team development (mentoring, counseling, team building)
· Responsible for quality control, review of the team’s work, and ensuring overall adherence to Turn around Time
· Ensuring all protocols related documents are up to date and being followed by the respective teams. E.g. Portfolio allocation, VOC etc
· Act as an owner of all process related documents and ensure they are up to date.
· Facilitation of knowledge sharing
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Continuous Improvement
· Client Knowledge Communications
· Project Management Skills
· People Management Skills
· Collaboration and Team Work
· Proactively escalate any major delays in service delivery & suggest effective/feasible solutions
· Have monthly meetings with counselees and send minutes of the meetings to reporting Managers of counselees
· Relationship building with engagement team
· Manage Attrition in your team
· Drive Quality culture and promote process improvements in the team
· Assist in hiring, documentation, training and other related aspects
· Contribute to the culture of the broader EY GTH Gurgaon team
· Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills including basic business software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook and Internet.
· Proactive, organized and self-sufficient with ability to priorities and multitask.
· Analyses complex or unusual problems and is able to deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions.
· Very strong organizational and management skills; ability to delegate effectively and allocate work amongst team members
· Excellent people skills; promotes teamwork, ability to lead and motivate a group of 10-15 team members
· Able to effectively summarize and conclude on work, applying appropriate documentation standards.
· Able to meet tight deadlines and ensure work is of consistently high quality with attention to detail.
· 3+ years experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of process management, project management experience (MBA or Certified PMP preferred)
· 2+ years experience of people management, coaching and leveraging work through others
· Total Work experience desired : 6 Years