An Assistant Manager would be responsible for leading the teams of Associates, Seniors and Team Leaders as well as directly responsible for client service delivery for a particular geography, area or specialization. The principal objectives will be to ensure consistent high quality and efficient service provided by GTH ASA team and accomplish defined goals by taking end to end ownership of the campaign. AM should continually look for opportunities to add value, follow pro-active approach and continuously look for improvement. AM will assist the management team in developing and coaching team members as well as ensuring that resources are deployed in the most effective manner. Depending on career aspirations and the team they lead, an Assistant Manager will continue to focus on developing operational and management skills. While the Assistant Manager will be based out of our Gurgaon, Bangalore or Chennai office, will be required to travel to other countries (short to medium term) for executing on client engagements.
Essential Functions of the Job
· Retention of good performers
· Quality of output of the team
· Feedback from Implementation Team
· Skill set development of team through trainings
· Relationship building with Onshore team
· Healthy and competitive environment on board
· Expected to champion and lead the global, priority accounts for the designated region
· Contribute and add value to complex engagement (expected to do chargeable work execution/review)
· Perform review on an ongoing basis and take corrective steps where necessary or make incremental improvements
· Develop working relationship with the Audit team senior or AM to ensure effective integration between teams
· Monitor operational measures (e.g. utilization, CPE hours, KPIs,)
· Coordinate the design of appropriate training materials for GTH ASA team and deliver training as appropriate
· Coordinate with Engagement team to ensure effective transition of work from region to GTH
· Manage the utilization through allocation of GTH ASA resource to transitioned work from the regions
· Ensure appropriate quality and review processes are in place in the team
· Review all protocols related documents are up to date and being followed by the respective teams. E.g. Portfolio Allocation, VOC etc
· Create awareness in the team about the importance of documentation and also keep a check that it is timely reviewed and updated
· Assist in the hiring of ASA resources (Associate, Sr. Associate, Team Lead)
· Have regular catch up calls with region/ onshore champions to build relationship, understand quality of service delivery, new business opportunities
· Contribute to the culture of the broader EY GTH Gurgaon team
· Relationship building with implementation team
· Manage attrition within his/her team
· Drive Quality culture and promote process improvements in the team
· Promptly address any issues highlighted by engagement teams
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Continuous Improvement
· Result orientation
· Positive Attitude
· Client Orientation
· Effective Communication
· Project Management Skills
· People Management Skills
· Collaboration and Team Work
· Learning Development
· Role Requirements
· Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge & Skills
· Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills including basic business software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook and Internet.
· Proactive, organized and self-sufficient with ability to priorities and multitask.
· Analyses complex or unusual problems and is able to deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions.
· Ability to quickly and easily create/ gather/ manipulate/ analyze data from a variety of sources.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritization, organization, flexibility and self discipline.
· Must have demonstrated project management experience.
· A robust and resilient disposition able to encourage discipline in team behaviors
· 4+ years’ experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of process management, project management (MBA or Certified PMP preferred)
· 3+ years’ experience of people management, coaching and leveraging work through others
· Total Work experience desired : 7-8 Years