The DevOps Supervising Associate is a member of a dedicated team resource responsible for monitoring Azure PaaS applications for exceptions, monitoring for performance,managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our application infrastructure; and overall responsible for all of the operations needed to run the application on Microsoft Azure and break glass for Red Box countries. We focus on stability and application uptime 24/7 with an emphasis on quick incident resolution and automated solutions that prevent future outages. We deliver the core infrastructure as code for EY Canvas, EY Atlas, and EY Helix along with their mobile platforms utilizing Azure PaaS, Premium and Blob storage, and Redis Cache in over 26 datacenters globally. Our applications are utilized by over 120k internal users and 100-200k client users. This dedicated application operations team supports more than 40% of the firm’s revenue and is an important part of our journey to a DevSecOps culture.
In the DevOps operations role, you will have an opportunity to work with dynamic scrum teams’ of professionals across Assurance IT to build monitoring and automation tools to support applications in Azure PaaS 24x7x365. You will be on a team that will manage data center capacity, application monitoring, physical access for supporting personnel, technical operations processes, and coordinate changes to infrastructure and application updates. Your broad range of skills are required as this team will have full stack responsibilities in Azure, meaning each individual will have access to support all application infrastructure: PaaS, SaaS, storage, cache, and configuration.Excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, personal leadership, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing DevOps efficiency to life, supporting EY Assurance IT applications successfully on Azure.
Knowledge and Skills requirements:
· 3-5 Years’ team lead experience in a production, mission-critical, 24x7x365 IT operations environment
· 3+ Years knowledge of Release Management.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse global team effectively.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
· Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Critical thinking and ability to analyze to resolve operational issues and deliver development solutions
· Highly motivated/self-starter with sense of ownership and desire to succeed.
· Identify, propose and implement improvements in systems, reports and processes across the organization
· ITIL Foundation Certification
· .net, SQL, Windows Service Bus, IIS, Cloud Development Platforms(Azure, AWS, etc)
· Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.
· Participation / Leading in priority incidents like P1Sx
Knowledge and Skills that are pluses
· Azure PaaS, SaaS, premium and blob storage[JMH2]
· 3+ Years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical operations teams.
· Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations.
· Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues.
· Support vendor integration, SLA monitoring and process governance.
· Coordinate and perform in-depth system testing and other post-implementation support.
· Ability to facilitate innovation and new ways of working with teams.
· Experience working Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
· Experience in a professional services industry, preferred.
· Experience utilizing automated solutions with TFS Release Management as the orchestrator of choice would be a plus.
· Experience with Kanban would be a plus.
· Experience in managing Dev Ops environment would be a plus.
· Experience working with Azure PaaS/SaaS solutions, monitoring utilizing Application Insights experience is a significant plus.
· Experience with Java, Redis cache, and Power BI
· Experience in monitoring tools like AppD, HPOV, SCOM, synthetic transactions (NCC)
· BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Project/Program Management or equivalent work experience Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.