Our Financial Services Organization is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm — and the Wealth and Asset Management is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Experienced Associate, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
This is an area that has seen substantial investment, focused on technology, knowledge and development for assurance professionals. You’ll see that reflected in your career, with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities. That could mean developing a deep professional knowledge base in one area, or diversifying to audit in other markets such as wealth and asset management, hedge fund, and private equity.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your time between engaging with a team of assurance professionals across a portfolio of projects, and personally engaging with our clients. It’s the perfect role if you’re looking to diversify your professional management skills and experiences, all while further developing your leadership skills.
Skills and attributes for success
· Performing complex and specific audit procedures, while developing effective, client-focused audit strategies
· Proactively building relationships that support our ability to provide tailored services that meet a wide range of assurance needs and contribute to new business development
· Identifying and reacting to potential risks and developing new ways to improve our products and processes that promote growth and increase revenue
· Continually updating your understanding of business trends and emerging technologies to maintain your reputation as a trusted business advisor
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance, supported by approximately 1 year of work experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm.
· A record of excellence in serving clients across the WAM industry
· A CPA certification in the work state location
· Engagement management, execution and reporting skills, and the ability to build relationships with clients with a diverse range of backgrounds
· Confidence in your ability to prioritize when managing multiple project simultaneously
Ideally you’ll also have
· A firm understanding of engagement economics
· A proven ability to build a network of contacts and mutual business relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders who are creative and agile thinkers, with a genuine interest in improving our audit capabilities. You’ll also need to be a capable communicator both in the boardroom and across your team. If you have the technical and personal skills to understand our clients and provide excellent services every time, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.