Description de l'offre
Assistant Director (Senior Manager)
We are looking for highly motivated, driven and experienced pensions covenant advisors to join our growing team. Our large client base is growing through expanding the scope of services that we provide but also through a steady stream of new referrals and increased transactional activity both through M&A as well as increasing levels of distress as a result of Covid-19 and wider sector pressures.
Our portfolio is wide ranging from schemes sponsored by not-for-profit, to those sponsored by distressed businesses and those sponsored by some of the largest, strongest companies in the world. We also have a growing Strategic Pensions offering leveraging the wider EY network to work closely alongside our actuarial colleagues in helping clients deliver end-game solutions. The role therefore offers variety but also the opportunity to specialise in sectors and/or solutions.
We have grown significantly from a one partner business to one with three Partners and two Associate Partners over the course of the past five years and we are on track to deliver significant growth in the current financial year. To meet demand, we need to enhance our team further and this offers a great opportunity for progression as our plans are delivered.
Our team contains individuals from diverse backgrounds who are encouraged to bring their own perspectives to provide innovative solutions to our client’s problems. We support flexible working and many of our team members take advantage of either reduced hours contracts or atypical working hours to fit around other priorities.
We operate as a national team and your role could be based out of Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester.
Your Key Responsibilities
Our Senior Managers have a wider range of roles and responsibilities. You would be absolutely key to helping us deliver on our strategy through taking the lead on delivery on projects, identifying new opportunities and developing our junior team.
Skills and Attributes for Success
· Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate financial and operational performance
· Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
· Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
· Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
· Ability to share technical and other knowledge with the team drawing on previous experience and current learning.
· Good project management skills, with the ability to manage more than one assignment at a time and yet still demonstrate quality and consistency of performance in every task
· Adapt well to change and have a flexible and positive approach
· Be able to build effective relationships at all levels
· Strong appreciation of risk management
To qualify for the role you must have
· Track record within a recognised Pensions covenant advisory team for a minimum of 3 years and have a minimum level of experience of working in the Pensions industry or a similar advisory role of 6 years
· Experience of leading covenant reviews
· Professional accountancy qualification or other relevant professional qualification
· The ability to build strong internal and external relationships and actively participate in business development
· Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising businesses and their financial stakeholders
· People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
Ideally, you’ll also have
· JIEB qualification an advantage
· Own network of contacts with work providers, or will understand how to build one
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· · Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· · Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· · The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized — helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. EY-Parthenon is a brand under which a number of EY member firms across the globe provide strategy consulting services. For more information, please visitey.com/parthenon .
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.