Global Delivery Services (GDS)provides enabling services to EY member firms, Service Lines, business support functions and Area/Global entities. These services are provided via 3 service delivery entities: GDS, Client Service - Assurance, Advisory, Knowledge, Tax and TAS, and GDS, Enablement Services - IT, Finance & Accounting Services, Risk Management Services, Talent Services, Business & Creative Services, Procurement Services and GDS, Automation Central . GDS is an important component of EY’s Vision 2020 strategy, and has an ever increasing footprint across the world, including fivecentresin India (Bangalore, Gurgaon, Chennai, Trivandrum and Kochi), plus Argentina, China, Poland and the Philippines. GDS headcount is approximately 25,000 (September 2017) and is predicted to grow to over 35,000 by 2020.
The Lead Talent Consultant works closely with GDS functional leaders to develop relevant, integrated talent programs to support their business (SL/BU) agenda. This role is responsible for helping the SL/BU achieve its objectives and advise leaders on all people related matters.
The role will be responsible for supporting the Talent agenda for a SL/BU unit in GDS and will be the key point of contact for leadership in these SL/BU on a range of talent related matters. The role will be responsible for driving & implementing the engagement agenda, working closely with other members of the team – ensuring a continual focus around exceptional client service. The key areas of focus will include, but is not limited to, increasing workforce capability, providing change leadership, talent management and supporting day-to-day operations as well as on-going process improvement. This role requires a deep understanding of SL/BU direction and HR/ related topics/issues to ensure successful implementation of key processes.
In this role, the incumbent will need to be collaborative, influential and work across functions to execute on attracting, assimilating, developing, engaging and retaining key talent. This role drives/leads project management for various HR initiatives including workforce planning,Performance Management, Talent transformation, Talent Development and Reward& Recognition etc.
Purpose of the Job:
Provide support to the functional leader in the implementation of engagement initiatives across the SL/BU unit
Work closely with the SL/BU lead to balance resource deployment needs of the SL/BU with individuals‘ strategic career objectives
Supporting the STC in designing a sustainable and scalable engagement framework for the SL/BU and take ownership for the delivery
Responsible for building, developing and managing other members of the talent consulting team, ensuring continued focus on the talent agenda
Responsible for supporting the talent strategy to yield business results through solutions, actions and efforts
Partner proactively with the SL/BU leadership to align talent priorities with SL/BU priorities and drive the talent agenda, translating the SL/BU strategy into practical and innovative talent solutions at a SL/BU unit level
Anticipate issues and needs within the SL/BU and address these effectively
Act as a coach to SL/BU leader/managers in relation to delivering the people strategy agenda
Provide insight on people issues, particularly ER cases within the SL/BU, providing a robust point of view on SL/BU decisions and their impact upon people
Identify HR intervention needs, create appropriate programs, actively participate in HR interventions & projects and ensure timely completion.
Ensure that all necessary people management and development activity required to support the SL/BU is delivered in the most professional and effective manner
Strategic talent initiatives
Execute innovative HR programs
Facilitate change and support the implementation and successful adoption of special projects and initiatives in the SL/BU, for example: Performance Management, Talent transformation, TalentDevelopmentand Reward for example
· Contribute to workforce planning activities in the context of understanding capability, skills development also, manage workforce planning efforts to meet SL/BU needs
· Support the SL/BU in the development and retention of top performers (leveraging expertise in the Talent Development function) to build a pipeline of diverse future leaders for the sustainability and success of our SL/B
Internal stakeholder management and team development
· Develop strong relationships with other regions, areas and global talent functions, both from a SL/BU and CoE perspective
Understand and leverage consistent talent solutions developed by other regional talent functions
Understand external market landscape, research talent trends, develop own knowledge and share with others
Develop/coach other team members
Establish effective relationships with other talent CoEs to ensure that centrally developed products and initiatives meet the requirements of the SL/BU and that SL/BU needs are clearly communicated to those responsible for delivering them
Build and maintain influential relationships with SL/BU leaders and managers, working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their SL/BU needs
Responsible for developing a team and responsible for their performance management process
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Use financial metrics and people analytics to support decision making
· Point of contact for resolving issues including sensitive ER cases, and understanding when to involve the ER CoE
· Lead all the HR processes for BU: induction programs, annual plans, appraisals, salary reviews, promotions, exit procedures, etc.
· Proactive in dealing with issues and strong problem solving skills; ability to work with ambiguity and build consensus across diverse, often global groups
· Ability to work both independently and within teams, including virtual teams, with a focus on our culture and values
Knowledge, Competency and Skills Requirements:
Strong Employee Relations experience from handling complex disciplinary, grievance and performance management activities
Current knowledge of Diversity and Inclusiveness practices and thought leadership
Experience of making a contribution to SL/BU decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events
Proven ability to influence at all levels in the organisation, preferably in a professional services environment
Resilient, practical and a self-starter; comfortable with working as individual contributor and in teams
Demonstrates ability to coach and advise partners/directors/senior managers
Ability to engage and influence others, with good change management skills and a desire to act as a change agent
Lead and manage a team
Drive HR processes within the SL/BU
Motivate team members through effective monitoring, coaching, counselling and providing a positive working environment
· Willingness to travel; some limited international travel may be required
· Graduate. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable.
· 11-13 years of proven HR generalist experience (e.g. performance management, employee relations)
· Relevant working experience in delivering / managing talent initiatives
Experience working in a consulting organization or in a similar professional services environment
· Experience of working in a cross-border, virtual environment would be beneficial
HR specialization certifications would be an advantage