From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an accounting technician, you will be a member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting and review services (review engagements, notice to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to small businesses and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as an accounting technician.
Skills and attributes for success
· Perform Notice to Reader and Review engagements
· Bookkeeping and accounting
· Financial statement preparation
· Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
· HST and GST Return preparation an asset
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and external parties
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a public accounting practice handling similar duties
· Prior experience working with accounting software (Quickbooks, Sage, Simply Accounting and others)
· Experience working with Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep including NTR’s and reviews (must have this experience to be considered)
· Strong accounting and tax skills, general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements, investment company accounting with knowledge of HST and GST administration
· Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
Ideally, you’ll also have
· T4’s, T5’s, Trust and T5013 and partnership returns an asset
· The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and work collaboratively as a team member to support our clients, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients, and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work. With a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.