Description de l'offre
Date: Apr 25, 2018
Software Development Engineer - MediaFirst
On top of the solid base of Ericsson’s TV & Media portfolio, delighting over 19 million TV subscribers worldwide, our software development team in Dublin is tasked with building Ericsson’s ground breaking next generation television platform called MediaFirst. And the good news is that we are looking for talented software engineers to join our team!
We are looking for top class software engineers to join our engineering organization where MediaFirst is being built based on core media technologies, the latest cloud technologies and development processes using the best of Agile and Continuous Integration.
This is a great opportunity to be empowered to make a real difference creating a challenging, fun product and work in a leading edge software development team with strong ties to Silicon Valley through our office in Santa Clara.
The team in Dublin is responsible for building innovative features that take TV & Media to the next level, with media discovery and playback on any device, anywhere, at any time scaling to 100’s of millions of users, with extreme reliability and stability.
Key responsibilities include specification, architecture, design, development, testing and integration of our cloud based next generation IP television platform, with a range of client devices including browsers, tablets, phones, smart TVs and embedded STBs.
Required for the role:
· Computer science degree or degree in a related area
· Ability to work both independently and within a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent influencing skill and team spirit.
· Willingness to learn and work with new technologies: our software stack is diverse, and over time you may well find yourself having to quickly learn and use unfamiliar technology
· Passionate about writing top quality code, automated tests to protect this code, monitoring and instrumentation for a SaaS offering
· Experience in one or more of these 3 areas
· Web technologies:
· Client frameworks such as react, backbone, AngularJS, Nightwatch
· Server side development
· Object oriented development using C# (preferred) or similar languages
· Building massively scalable web services
· Familiarity with cloud technologies
· Embedded client development
· Linux, C, C++, JS
· Platform adaption layers
· Android, IOS or embedded STB experience
· AV frameworks like gStreamer
Preferred experience for the role:
· Continuous Integration tooling and automation processes
· Passion for distributed system architecture, devops and service mindset
· Test driven development. Designing and developing unit, component and functional tests and test infrastructure
· Experience in Windows Azure, OpenStack, containers or alternate cloud platforms
· Experience in agile development e.g. Scrum
· Experience in working across disciplines and geographical borders
· Big data analytics platforms such as Hadoop / ElasticSearch / Kibana
Strong preference for candidates with experience in A/V Media technology: ABR streaming protocols, industry standard DRM, DVB, iptv client/server technologies
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || IT
Req ID: 235429