Description de l'offre
Date: Sep 4, 2018
Ericsson is the world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Our Site Engineers are influential in delivering our vision into reality through planning and optional use of technology.
We currently have multiple opportunities for Riggers - with Telecommunication Rigging certification and experience.
Reporting to the line manager, this role is responsible for performing physical and manual activities, telecommunication infrastructure audits, installation of hardware/software systems and implementing upgrades. You would maintain and repair radio access nodes and core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks. A key component of this role is to interact with other technicians, customer technical staff and varying groups within the Ericsson organisation.
To be considered candidates must have a combination of most of the following experience, qualifications and achievements:
· Certified Rigger with all required OH&S certifications
· Demonstrated understanding of microwave and fibre transmission concepts
· Understand and implement RAN, RF and Transmission designs
· Ability to read and interpret technical construction drawings
· Decision making and problem solving skills
· An ability to work at heights
· Construction industry white card
· RF Hazard Awareness Training
· Flexibility in working hours
· Willingness to work away for 1 to 2 weeks at a time
One or more of the following is desirable:
· Current NBN and Telstra induction and installation training
· Installation of Ericsson radio telecommunications equipment and cabling on NBN and Telstra sites/structures
· EWP Certification
· 2 or more years relevant industry experience in a network rollout discipline
· A demonstrated understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated Radio Access Network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure.
We offer a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles - sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia and New Zealand, we are known for delivering "World-1st" projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers, including Telstra, Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), Telecom New Zealand and NBN. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation, whilst providing yourself with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world's biggest challenges.
Follow us on Linked In: www.linkedin.com/company/ericsson
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ericssonedge
Learn more about opportunities at Ericsson: www.ericsson.com/careers
As world leaders in all aspects of Technology, from Research & Development, Design, Delivery and Management we are in an enviable position to generate value for our customers.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Job details: Site Engineer Job Stage 04