Date: Sep 24, 2018
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
What we are looking for:
We are now seeking a JCAT/Java test framework developer for Radio SW!
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Radio SW overview
Radio SW strives to be the most competitive Radio Network R&D unit in the industry. We work in an agile set up to develop and maintain competitive, high-quality Radio products which give our customer solutions securing future growth. We develop LTE, WCDMA, GSM, CDMA and now also 5G Network solutions to operators all over the world.
Radio SW is part of the Product Development Unit (PDU), Radio Products within Development Unit Network Products DNEP. We are based in Stockholm (Kista). We also have a close corporation with development of PDU’s Radio products in Ottawa, Beijing, Nanjing, Chengdu and Croatia (ETK).
Radio SW provides possibility to work with the latest technology within telecommunication development. We can offer a rich number of opportunities in an everyday learning, creative and challenging atmosphere where Kista, Stockholm, is our base but the world is our arena.
You will work in a Cross Functional Team. The team has the end to end responsibility for developing and maintaining our JCAT Elvis test automation framework, which is part of our Washing Machine concept, and is used by the whole Radio SW organization for quality assurance of radio software.
The team is responsible for systemizing, developing and testing the JCAT Elvis framework, as well as, for providing needed education, maintenance and support to the end users of the JCAT Elvis framework in the Radio SW organization.
The team members are jointly responsible for all team tasks:
· You will be involved in developing our JCAT Elvis test framework. You will also use and contribute to the DNEW MJE/JCAT framework. This means that you have a general interest in aligning frameworks and tools to increase usability for the end user, decrease maintenance cost and enable reuse of SW and competences.
· Our JCAT Elvis test framework is developed for handling automated testing on both subsystem integration and subsystem verification level. The framework is running in our washing machine providing feedback to all our Radio SW development teams continuously.
· We are together providing the fully automated and remotely accessible Washing Machine to the Radio SW organization which is located on several sites worldwide!
· Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
· Develop, test and maintain the JCAT Elvis framework
· Perform trouble shooting and customer support for the JCAT Elvis users
· Drive continuous improvements of the JCAT Elvis framework and processes
· Contribute to and take part in the DNEW MJE/JCAT development and community
· Hands on experience from developing, maintaining and supporting automated test frameworks, preferably using JCAT
· Very good knowledge in Java programming including OOD and Design Patterns
· Experience from modularity and software reuse in practice e.g. developing MJE, developing JCAT common libraries
· Experience from SW development in a Linux environment using e.g. GIT, Gerrit, Junit, Jenkins, Nexus
· Sound scripting skills e.g. Shell, Phyton, Perl, Ruby
· Good knowledge about agile and lean development using Scrum and Kanban
· You have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· A minimum of 3 years of working experience from test framework development, preferably using JCAT
· A minimum of 3 years programming experience using the object-oriented language Java
· A minimum of 3 years of working with SW development
· Good English skills in spoken word and writing
· Good knowledge about Radio systems and Radio product development
· Radio SW/HW product development knowledge
· Knowledge about the DNEW functional framework including the CI/CD-machinery
· Experience from working as a team master or scrum master.
· Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
· Communication Skills
· Coaching & Mentoring Skills
· Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
· Planning & Organizing
· Writing & Reporting
· Following instruction & procedures.
As a person you:
· Are a self-driven and energetic team player or team leader
· Look forward to work in a Cross Functional Team with people from different disciplines and to also work outside your own discipline
· Are willing to broaden your competence and get a deeper understanding of our products and our automated JCAT Elvis test framework.
· Like challenges and want to challenge to constantly improve
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar,
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 256990