Date: Sep 17, 2018
The Radio Module Systems Designer is a key technical role in Systems Management within PDU Radio. You will drive and own radio systemization activities for new radio products (e.g. 5G radios), with a focus on RF systemization and design of radio products.
You will drive technical requirements, investigations and studies into the implementation teams. You will be part of an exciting journey starting with requirements derived from customer requests through strategic product management, into a phase of study and continuous analysis and requirement break-down. You will work with a group of talented developers in various systemization tasks.
PDU Radio products is working with all cutting-edge technologies and products developed by Ericsson PDU Radio, including 5G radios.
This position is located in PDU Radio Ottawa, in the Radio Architecture and Module Systems Team. The Ottawa team works very closely with other Radio Systems teams located in Sweden (Kista, Lund, Gothenburg) and China.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Systemization (requirements decomposition) of new radio products into lower level design blocks (Filter Unit, PA, receiver, transmit chain)
· Formal requirements documentation and traceability
· System analysis and final calculation of specifications (filter rejection, link budgets, power budgets, thermal analysis, interface definition)
· Analysis of radio RF performance, either with simulations or analytically
· Support for radio integration and test
· Assist in troubleshooting and solving product issues.
· Interface with project management, strategic product management, customer units and internal design (both SW and HW)
· Contribute to systems studies, primarily related to Radio hardware and RF performance
· Provide coordination among various HW and SW design disciplines towards a target system design.
· Support radio factory/manufacturing test development
· Support the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks
· Contribute to continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
· Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR, file Invention disclosures and Patents
· Mentor/coach more junior members within the Systems or broader PDU Radio development team
· Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years experience working in the development of radio products (hardware design, integration, or test).
· Demonstrated background in the system design and/or hardware design of radios or major radio components such as power amplifiers, filters, transceivers.
· Background in the hands-on integration and test of radio hardware
· Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
· Background in communications theory and digital signal processing is an asset
· Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, especially in Radio performance characteristics is an asset
· Experience in the development and analysis of simulations, knowledge of simulation environments like ADS and/or MATLAB is an asset
· Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once
· Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally
· B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, or equivalent experience, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt