ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services, with 171,100 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition. Corporate Venture Capital aims at accelerating the development of new business linked with energy transition by capturing external innovation. Investments are selected to foster strategic projects with BUs with financial performance requirements.
ENGIE New Ventures (ENV) is the corporate venture capital fund of ENGIE S.A. You will have the chance to work with highly experienced energy professionals with a background in VC investments, consulting and industry, who work bringing the technology and business models of the future into ENGIE. ENV is a €180 M fund set up in 2014 whose main focus for investments are in cleantech companies and technology startups driving the energy transition. Investment in technology startups completes existing activities and resources to spur innovation within ENGIE.
At ENGIE you will be given the unique chance to actively work on VC investments and be an integral part of the team. We are looking for interns to work with our Team in Paris, La Défense for a period of 6 months (starting in March 2021) to prepare business plans, create valuations, perform analyses of potential investments, engage in scouting deal flow, carry out market research, competitive analysis, assist with portfolio management tasks and help with marketing related activities. We are looking for dynamic students with an interest in VC investing, expertise in Corporate Finance and the Energy transition technologies and its transformation to the decentralized, decarbonized and digitalization energy industry of tomorrow.
· Scout and screen startups, based on ENGIE New Ventures specific focus areas, innovation objectives, and investment criteria
· Process and analyze data using software and databases: analyze technology, industry, and market trends and synthesize information for presentations & reports
· Prepare business plans and valuations in excel for investments using internal assumptions
· Collecting the financial data of our portfolio startups for the periodical reporting
· Interact with the sponsoring Business Units for our existing and potential investments
· Create company investment decks for investment committees
You are :
· Business/Engineering/Science school Student/Graduate (Bac +4/5)
· Get up and go attitude and interest in VC and energy
· Fluent in French and English with other languages appreciated
· A good communicator, primarily within a team, with good interpersonal skills
· Building financial models, VC valuations, preparation of company business plans
· Strong analytical skills coupled with knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
· Drive, enthusiasm, critical thinking, motivation and willing to take initiative
· Interest in emerging technologies as applied to the energy industry
Details of the internship
· Place of work : ENGIE T1 - Paris La Défense (92)
· Duration of Internship - 6 months beginning anytime from March 2021
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter at the following address : email@example.com
· Posting Date: Oct 19, 2020