ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Solar Site Technician at the Longdraw Solar Project in Gail, TX . The Solar Site Tech will operate and maintain the solar site by optimizing generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
What you'll do:
· Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
· Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
· Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
· Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
· Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
· Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
· Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
· Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
· Perform routine inspections – prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
· Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
· Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other's ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
· Primary point of contact for all landowners
· Maintain site vegetation management process
· Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
· Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
· Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
· Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
· Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
· Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
· Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
· Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
What you bring:
· 2-year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or Instrumentation controls) or equivalent experience
2+ years of experience in Solar generation site, Wind generation site, Thermal power plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or C&I Maintenance.
Trades qualifications an asset: (HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Technician or Controls Technician)
Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
Troubleshoot, repair and maintain solar systems: panels, trackers, combiner boxes, invertors, meteorological instrumentation and substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers
Be AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of hire date
Be proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
Travel to support other ENGIE renewable generation facilities
Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel internationally with minimal restrictions.
Live within an hour of the site: Lubbock, Snyder, Big Spring areas
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency engagement is not required at this time. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
· Posting Date: Jul 1, 2020