ENGIE Insight, formerly Ecova, partners with multi-site businesses that aim to thrive in a sustainable world. With a foundation of accurate and comprehensive resource data – including energy, water, waste and telecom – we apply technology and people expertise to lower costs, drive efficiencies and reduce environmental impact. More than 1,000 customers, including 25%+ of the Fortune 500, turn to ENGIE Insight to help move their sustainable resource management initiatives forward.
ENGIE Insight’s people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we invite you to join ENGIE Insight.
*In order to be considered for the role, your resume must be attached in your application.
Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy Data Management. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected.
· Responsibilities include one or more of the following (depending upon the specific role):
· Work closely with UX designers to design and implement innovative and robust client-side software applications
· Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
· Design and develop¬ software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
· Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
· Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performant, and secure components
· Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
· Complete testing tasks for all developed code
• Computer Science BS/MS degree
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
• Experience with Big Data technologies.
• Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
• Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems
• Competent in the use of following technologies and tools to develop web applications.
o Angular2 and TypeScript
o Visual Studio Team Services
o Microsoft Azure Portal
• The ability to work within the following software development methodologies.
o Agile / SCRUM
o Continuous Integration
o Continuous Delivery
• Good written and verbal communication skills, client relation skills, and ability to work effectively as a contributor in a technical team environment.
• Experience in the following development activities.
o Single page application design
o Designing REST-based APIs
o Writing SQL queries
o Modifying database schemas
• Experience in the use of the following technologies and tools.
o Visual Studio
o ASP.NET MVC WebAPI
o NoSQL and SQL access
o MS Build
o Angular 4/5
• Experience in the consumption of the following data access technologies.
o REST and/or SOAP services
o Entity Framework
ENGIE Insight Information
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Insight is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with ENGIE Insight: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars