About ENGIE Services U.S. Inc.:
ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. (ENGIE Services) is a national energy company that works with education, local government, commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations to implement efficiency and sustainable energy solutions that save money, enhance safety, improve assets, and protect the environment. As part of ENGIE, the number one energy services provider in the world, ENGIE Services U.S. Inc. provides a unique and extensive set of energy and sustainability management services to thousands of customers across the United States. The company has provided more than $2 billion in energy savings for its customers over the past 40 years.
The Service Tech’s main objective is to install, troubleshoot and repair Fire Alarm and Security systems, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with systems, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties. Working with direct supervision, the associate will interact with his or her supervisor frequently during each work period. Nearly all but the most routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
Local Candidates Only
Essential Job Functions
· Install new or Fire Alarm and Security system equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications
· Analyze system issues to determine source of problems, recommend repair, replacement, or other corrective action. Perform all aspects of physical repairs when required, i.e. accessing equipment via ladders and roof hatches.
· Coordinate problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
· Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair Fire Alarm and Security Systems
· Perform Fire Alarm and Security System inspections, completing and organizing all required documentation and reports.
· Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
· May perform other duties as assigned
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to communicate both verbal and written effectively with customers and employees of organization
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Essential Physical Abilities
· Work outdoors
· Able to lift 50lbs, bend, stand, climb ladders, and walk
· Ability to get from office to off-site customers Education/Experience
· Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
· 3 - 5 years of experience
· ES3-J or JE-98 license
· NICET Fire Alarm Level I Preferred:
· NICET Fire Alarm Level II or III Working Environment
· Ability to Travel 25% - 75% of the time
· Normal Office Environment and Field Environment, may be exposed to different weather elements
· Frequently communicates with employees and customers
· Able to get from office to off site customers For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, as listed above.