Who we are:
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE’s Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
Product control department insure the post-trade control processes for the Gas trading activity at Engie. By insuring the alignment between the contractual terms VS the booking and by managing the day to day contract lifecycle (closing, invoicing, counterparties point of contract…)
The team members are the single point of contact for the counterparties, the financial department and the FOs for the contract management. The team insures the alignment between the contractual terms and the booking.
The Product control department is involved in a major transformation project to automate the controls and the Front Office to Back Office chain. Team members need to interact with IT teams, provide guidance, test and validate the IT deliveries.
· Manage several contracts related the gas sourcing activity / gas transport capacity or storage (invoicing / closing) : As single point of contact, you will need to have a perfect understanding of your contracts, identify the right booking schema, identify the impacts on the accounting chain and inform the relevant stakeholders
· Daily validation of the deals booked which are related to your contracts’ perimeter
· Frequents analysis of the contract data (mid-price, volumes, delivery points….)
· Insure the application of the contractual terms (volume, price…), including optional terms which can be complex like take or pay, force majeure… and follow the contract evolution
· Manage the disputes with the counterparties with the contribution of the internal stakeholders (FO, Finance….)
· Support the FO, Sales, Tax/Legal on the origination, renegotiation process.
· Produce figures analysis when needed (Audit, Internal control, Regulatory request…)
· Produce and follow relevant KPIs and dashboards related to your contracts’ perimeter (payment, deal validation….) and propose actions/solutions when issues are detected
· Interact with IT teams, provide guidance, test and validate the IT deliveries.
Courbevoie, ENGIE T1
Education and professional background:
Bachelor's degree (Bac + 5)
Good understanding of the front to back value chain and the accounting principles in a market finance environment
Previous experience in Back Office/contract management, ideally in the energy sector
Ability to extract and analyze high volumes of data by using IT tools
Ability to optimize the processes and interact with IT teams to propose system evolutions.
High level of comfort with the digital tools Outlook/Team/Excel / Power BI
Ability to develop in VBA/Phyton/R…
Previous use of trading booking tools
Well organized and pro-active, solution oriented
Ability to perform duties pro-actively, in a reliable way and accurately with limited supervision
Ability to remain focused under pressure
Enjoyment of teamwork and being a team player
Excellent level in english
· Posting Date: Jul 6, 2020