ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Mechanical Engineer to be based on the St James and Helix Projects, you will cover Edinburgh & Newcastle . This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £32,146 - £36,285 dependent upon skills and experience as well as an excellent benefits package.
This is a role for a proven Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the mechanical engineering and maintenance of the plant and equipment in co-operation with the Operations Manager. The contracts involve CHP engines, gas boilers and chillers as a means of supply of heat, electricity and cooling to a range of consumers.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in this field and the relevant industry qualifications. A good understanding of operations and maintenance, heating / chilling plant and distribution systems on a commercial / industrial level is desirable as well as expert knowledge of IT related monitoring systems. In particular;
Efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the plant, including the stores and workshops management.
Managing contractors working for the site ensuring their health and safety, as well as their performance.
Will be required to respond to plant and equipment breakdowns during rota shift hours.
Carry out other duties identified from time to time to ensure the plant is operating safely and efficiently within environmental compliance.
Carry Extra Works outside of rota shift hours at an agreed ETC overtime rate.
Contracted to a flexibility agreement covering training requirements and shift cover sometimes at short notice.
Experience in the Servicing and Maintenance of Air Compressors would be preferable but not essential to the role.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Possess SVQ III to SVQ IV or HND Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) qualifications
· Have a proven track record working within a industrial enviroment within Mechanical Engineering discipline
· Possess an IOSH (or equivalent) safety qualification, training will be given
· Familiar with Permits to Work systems
· Knowledge and experience of associated repair methods in mechanical plant
· Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management System
· Demonstrate a good understand of health, safety and environment legislation relevant to industrial environment.
· Will be expected to assist other disciplines as required
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Nov 22, 2020