Medior Piping and Mechanical Design Engineer
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
The “Seism and Structural Integrity” Group (part of Civil Works and Structural Integrity” Competence Centre) in the Nuclear Entity of Tractebel Engineering is in charge of the engineering and design of mechanical structure and components including seismic design in the field of the nuclear power plants and industries.
The Piping and Structural Integrity Group is in charge of the following disciplines:
· Structural analysis and design specific to Nuclear Power Plants within the framework of new build, plant operation support and upgrade of existing nuclear installations for the Long-Term Operation;
· Ageing of structures and components (Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics analysis);
· Analysis and / of design of component (such as pump, valves, Supporting structures, …);
· Piping calculation of existing or new structures including the supports;
· Design and calculation of anchorages;
· Seismic analysis of structures and components;
· Seismic margin assessment of existing structures (SMA, SPSA);
· Seismic qualification of active component;
· You manage the various aspects of structural integrity of mechanical components related to ASME Section III code for the construction/operation of existing or new Nuclear power plants.
· You realize all the calculations of the ASME III mechanical and piping components (piping lines and supporting systems) and including Class 1, 2&3 components.
· You use (and guide the other colleagues if necessary) in Finite-Elements Studies (PIPESTRESS and Beamstress code) for thermal and pressure fatigue evaluation of mechanical and piping components with respect to ASME code.
· You help our Client to safely restart their nuclear units through fast and judicious justification for continuation in case of alteration of the structural integrity of an ASME component.
· You take charge of the invitation to tender, the technical and economical comparison between bids; the awarding of contracts, the review of external studies.
· You conduct the technical and commercial follow up of the contracts, including interfaces management.
· You write component technical specifications (performances, scope of supply and limits of supply definition ,design requirements, applicable ASME III criteria to meet.
· You have had at least 5 years of experience in stress and fatigue analysis of piping component (piping lines and supporting system);
· You are able to calculate (perform stress reports) for the piping lines and the supporting system under the different load cases (dead load, thermal transient, fatigue, seism);
· You are able to design and calculate supports for the piping lines;
· You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element (FE) codes such as PipeStress, Beamstress, Ansys, Systus, … for piping applications;
· You have a good knowledge of the mechanical properties of different steels and alloy steels used in this topic;
· You have several years experience in application of pressure vessel codes such as ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-M, CODAP, DIN, KTA, ...;
· You are experienced in thermal fatigue (elastic or plastic) structural analysis and evaluation of the heat transfer coefficients in water, in steam, ...;
· You are experienced to evaluate by FE calculation stresses for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non linear analysis;
· You enjoy coaching less experienced colleagues;
· You are fluent in English and proficient in French and/or Dutch.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Jul 4, 2019