Medior Mechanical Engineer – Seismic competences - Nuclear
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
The “Seism and Structural Integrity” Group (part of Civil Works and Structural Integrity” Competence Centre) in the Nuclear Entity of Tractebel Engineering is in charge of the engineering and design of mechanical structure and components including seismic design in the field of the nuclear power plants and industries.
The Piping and Structural Integrity Group is in charge of the following disciplines:
· Structural analysis and design specific to Nuclear Power Plants within the framework of new build, plant operation support and upgrade of existing nuclear installations for the Long-Term Operation;
· Ageing of structures and components (Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics analysis);
· Analysis and / of design of component (such as pump, valves, Supporting structures, …);
· Piping calculation of existing or new structures including the supports;
· Design and calculation of anchorages;
· Seismic analysis of structures and components;
· Seismic margin assessment of existing structures (SMA, SPSA);
· Seismic qualification of active components.
· You are in charge of the design and calculations of nuclear related structures submitted to internal and external hazards (such as seismic load case).
· You perform structural analyses using FEM codes.
· You participate actively to the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, …
· You participate to the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor.
· You work in a team of about 35 engineers, in close interaction with Senior Engineers.
· You are a Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years (at least 5 years) of experience in structural analysis and design.
· You are familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASME, ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), EPRI…).
· You are able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading.
· You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SYSTUS, ..) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis ;
· You have knowledge of nuclear domain and safety.
· You have a background in seismic assessment of seismic category 1 structures and other structures.
· Experience in the SQUG methodology and SMA, SPSA project are an asset.
· You are able to coordinate different technical expertise's.
· You are fluent in English and proficient in French and/or Dutch.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Jul 4, 2019