Who we are:
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE's Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency as well as developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
The Middle Office Function has the role to manage the Daily PnL Reporting as well as the Monthly Accounting Closing Process and works very closely with the Product Controller Function.
This role is challenging and offers a steep learning curve where you are expected to gain hands on experience dealing with Deal Validation, Profit & Loss, Accounting, Valuation, Risks and key controls on the front to Back Chain From Deal entry to Payment and Dunning.
You will help us:
· Improve the Process of Deal Entry Control and Validation and once Validated with all the stakeholders, Document it.
· Implement a Daily PnL on BtoB scope for LSS Fr. and work on our Daily PnL Analysis and Explanations of moves for BtoC.
· Help us improve our Closing and Financial Reporting Process by:
· Implement a Straight to Process Closing with new tools – Help monitor the project, do the testing and implement the solution. (FATTURA)
· Help us automate reconciliation with new Tool (FINOPS Suite), assist in the further automation of all closing processes and document the new way of working.
· Help us document Business Notes (Book structure, Risk management within our books)
· Help to back-up the Product Controller Role if the person is on holidays or sick.
Courbevoie, ENGIE T1
Education and professional background:
Master level with a first experience in Finance would be appreciated
· You have a strong affinity with IT systems & digital way of working including coding (SQL, Python are very appreciated)
· You are well-versed in office tools (in particular Excel - VBA).
· You are confident using IT tools to carry out modelling activities.
· You meet deadlines
· You think critically, have analytical and summary skills and can identify malfunctions
· You have an affinity for data processing
· You enjoy working with numbers and are open to digitalization (coding)
· You have business sense, good customer relations skills, analytical and summary skills, good organizational skills, team spirit and a curious nature.
· You are thorough, independent and take initiative. You can anticipate and plan ahead (proactiveness), and work in a cross-functional environment with various (internal and external) points of contact.
· Good level of English, French
· Posting Date: Mar 27, 2020