As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
Since 2010, Tractebel has established a Bangkok based hub for the development of projects in the ASEAN region. With a steadily growing team of over 200 experts in the region, based on a good mix of expatriates and strong local competences, the company primarily covers engineering services for hydropower, renewable, thermal power, Gas & LNG, T&D, and urban infrastructure.
Job Description and Missions
To support efficiently the expansion of our activities in Water infrastructures (such as Large & Small Hydroelectric Schemes, Dams and Reservoirs, Water Transfer, River Hydraulics), we are looking for a:
As a Hydromechanical Engineer you will be supporting Projects Managers for delivering Water related consulting & engineering projects, with a major of focus on hydropower and dams projects.
Our projects cover engineering studies, Owner's Engineering, and/or Engineering-Procurement-Construction Management assignments. Your projects are regional (Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines). You are integrated in Tractebel Water community, a worldwide network of Water specialists (including Hydromechanical) keen on sharing their knowledge.
All your missions have to be performed with the highest standards of Quality / Safety / Legal / Ethics.
Your main added value with be to bring the Hydromechanical knowledge in Hydropower projects.
In that framework, your main responsibilities are:
• Take the responsibility of the technical design/review for new and upgrade projects
• Coordinate/coach internal resources mobilized on the project (based locally or in other countries)
• Coordinate the project internally with the project manager in the respect of the budget and deadline
• Ensure the follow up of the project by conducting site visits and inspections during construction and commissioning
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
• Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• At least 5 years of mechanical engineering experience in hydropower or related field
• Strong analytical skills and have an eye for the detail
• Ability to work autonomously and be proactive
• Dynamic and have excellent interpersonal skills, willing to learn and good team player.
• Strong communication skills are a must - communicates regularly with customers, subcontractors and vendors on technical topics.
• You are flexible, you are good at planning concurrent assignments and you are a good organiser, even in unexpected circumstances
• English fluency is a must
• You are willing to travel for short term missions for project or training purposes
The position is based in Bangkok (Two Pacific Tower - Nana BTS Station).
· Posting Date: Aug 4, 2020