Description de l'offre
ENGIE are recruiting for a Handyman to be based at Dormers Wells High School, Dormer's Wells Lane, Southall UB 1 3HZ. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £22,000 per annum dependent upon skills and experience. In addition to this you will receive an excellent benefits package.
The role will be assisting the Premises Manager, undertaking tasks in order to keep the school running smoothly.
Working hours are on a rotational weekly shift - 10am to 6pm or 6am to 2pm.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· The below is a list of common tasks, but is not exhaustive:
· Assisting with the organisation of lettings including room set-ups and porterage
· Cleaning duties/organising cleaning staff
· Act as a fire marshal/respond to the fire alarms etc.
· Acting as first response on reactive maintenance tasks, i.e. stemming leaks, making areas safe
· Un-block drains using rods or hand-operated jetting equipment
· Fit toilet seats, shower curtain rails, door handles, locks, shelves
· Fit/ease and adjust door closers
· Minor repairs to skirting, floorboards and furniture
· Install minor fittings, i.e. whiteboards
· Decorating - minor touching up disturbed timbers, ceiling, wall and door finishes
· Check engineering plant control panels for failures and report as necessary
· Check and top up salt and chemical levels in water treatment units
· Test of the fire alarm detectors, manual call points and fire doors on the Hall's fire alarm system
· Check all doors including fire doors for defects and fully operational
· Any other reasonable requests
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Prior experience working in a school environment is preferred
· Handyman experience is beneficial
· A pragmatic approach to working, with the ability to demonstrate common sense is essential
· Must be proactive and flexible
· Must possess the ability to be organized
· Client-facing, with the ability to develop good professional relationships with customers, subcontractors and colleagues.
· Must have good reading, writing and basic numeracy skills
· Basic computer literacy
· Have knowledge of good health and safety working practices
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Jan 17, 2021