Renewable hydrogen (produced from water electrolysis) is central to ENGIE’s strategy driven by decarbonization, decentralization and digitalization. Our ambition is to become a major player in renewable hydrogen, being at the forefront of global transformations in the industry, mobility and tertiary sectors. We want to scale up the Hydrogen economy.
ENGIE is uniquely placed to deliver on these objectives. Our worldwide presence, strong industrial capabilities and local anchorage as well as a deep know-how in both gas and power management, including midstream infrastructure operations such as storage, allow us to develop integrated solutions for our customers all across the value chain : from renewable hydrogen production (water electrolysis with renewable power), to storage, transportation, distribution and services to end users.
Our ambition is to become a renewable hydrogen major present worldwide providing its customers with integrated zero-carbon solutions based on renewable H 2 .
We develop solutions for industrials (using hydrogen in their processes) and territories looking for carbon-free solutions (H 2 as a fuel for mobility, flexibility solutions for the local energy system…).
Our passion stems from the desire to preserve our planet for next generations, knowing that Hydrogen should contribute for 20% of the CO 2 emissions reduction required to achieve the 2°C goal. Our ambition is to make it happen now at industrial scale, through concrete, affordable and renewable hydrogen-based solutions.
H 2 BU is :
- a young and lean business unit, activating very large external & internal networks of people and competencies on many geographies around the world,
- multi-localized with people based closed to the fields of actions ; we have already developed a portfolio of projects in various countries such as Chile, Australia, Netherlands, France,
- organized on a role basis, and with delivery of the strategic roadmap organized in a project mode with ST objectives.
It allows each partner to express his/her leadership, handle new responsibilities and work on very different type of subjects, where the contribution of everyone is key to come up with solutions that do not exist today.
H 2 BU offers you a unique playground to express your talents, bring your curiosity, creativity and courage. and grow yourself by experiencing new and very diverse areas. Our DNA is definitely an agile culture:
· we are customer oriented , by co-building tailor-made solutions adapted to their problems
· we are daring : we investigate new topics by imagining innovative, sustainable and profitable solutions
· we promote innovation by developing collaborative working methods based on 'test and learn'
· we truly care about the environment and improving the quality of people's lives
· we promote the collective support , by strengthening the culture of feedback
Do you want to live a unique adventure, working in a fast-growing BU and market? Building innovative, sustainable and friendly solutions, within a multicultural team that allow you to explore new ways of working?
If you share our DNA and are aligned with our purpose “Make the zero carbon transition a reality”, then join our journey to a better world, and apply for our new position : You will be our Solutions / Market Activator (F/M)
Your primary role within the BU, knowing that roles can be enriched :
· Purpose : Position ENGIE as a first mover on new hydrogen usages and markets, create the conditions to provide ENGIE with a competitive advantage in the frame of innovation and future commercial scale-ups.
· Accountabilities :
· Identify new hydrogen end-uses, assess and structure their activation roadmaps:
· Originate opportunities of new hydrogen usages and market developments
· Establish a clear and sound strategic and technical understanding of the market/use case
· Define strategic positioning, market entry strategies, value propositions, business models for ENGIE
· Structure operational roadmaps to activate new hydrogen use-cases, prepare and present roadmaps to decisional committees
· Lead the overall execution of the market activation roadmaps/projects, from the realization of Proof of Concepts until the commercial scale-up:
· Organize and manage a multidisciplinary project team, all ENGIE relevant internal stakeholders (BUH2, other ENGIE entities) as well as the relationship with external stakeholders (partners, Clients, permitting administration, regulatory bodies,…). Monitor schedule, budget and deliverables.
· Stimulate innovation with internal and external stakeholders through the engagement of co-creation processes with strategic, technical and/or commercial partners. Lead all cooperation/partnership contract negotiations and executions.
· Identify, develop and execute pilot projects (PoC, MvP,..), mainly in Europe, possibly at a global level. Lead all supplier contracts negotiations and supervise their executions.
· Secure funding for pilot projects, notably through the application to subsidy schemes at regional, country or EU levels
· Provide strategic and operational frameworks for development/ investment decision making, at BU and Group levels
· You are a multi tasked person able to stimulate the emergence of new business models leveraging on innovation in technical, strategic, business and regulatory disciplines.
· You have experiences in project management activities, ideally in the fields of hydrogen, natural gas or renewables, from technical inception studies to execution works.
· You have an operational technical expertise in gas business, whether industrial gases or natural/bio gas
· You have set-up and negotiated technical or commercial (partnership) agreements
· You have realized or contributed to strategic and market studies. You have ideally an experience in strategic marketing projects.
· You have the ability to interact at senior management level (both internal and external) and provide clear recommendations and strategic insights
· You are a fast learner and able to upskill yourself quickly on new topics ;
· You are rigorous, flexible, perseverant, problem solver and highly motivated
· You speak/write fluently in both French and English
· You hold ideally an advanced degree in Engineering and Finance or Economics
· Posting Date: Aug 7, 2020