ENGIE are recruiting for a Caretaker to be based in Rotherham, S66 1JL. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £18,250 per annum and benefits package.
An opportunity have arisen within the Rotherham schools PFI contract for a self -motivated, flexible and hardworking Caretaker to join the ENGIE team. This role will be based at Wickersley School & Sports College S66 1JL, but will need the flexibility to cover anywhere on the contract if needed.
Shift patterns will vary working any 8 hours between 6.00am - 22.00pm Monday - Friday.
Undertaking general Caretaking duties including:
· General maintenance (changing lamps, replacement ceiling tiles);
· Carrying out of Planned Maintenance activities (Legionnaires checks, door condition checks, light switch checks etc)
· Porter services (i.e. deliveries, exam set-ups);
· Reactive cleaning
· Working in all weathers (litter picking, gritting, leaf removal).
Logging of reactive maintenance tasks on the Helpdesk.
Proactively carrying out a daily regime of ‘find it fix it’ or report it to the helpdesk and ensure it is followed up and fixed within our service level agreement.
Undertake and record the testing of emergency lighting and fire alarms
Provide regular support and communication to the school to enable its ability to deliver the teaching curriculum
Carry out any other duties that may be applicable to the position of a Caretaker
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· General caretaking experience is advantageous, but not essential.
· Hold a clean, UK driving licence.
· Keen, motivated and reliable
· Able to promote good customer relationships
· Have a proven track record of practical maintenance skills
· Have a good understanding of services within a building such as boilers, heating, lighting and water management
· Have good knowledge of Health and Safety
· Be able to provide cover or assistance for holidays, sickness and other leave as and when required
Who are we?
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Sep 15, 2020