Tractebel Advisory and Advanced Analytics (T3A), located in Paris, Brussels and other offices worldwide, provides consulting services and digital solutions to clients answering to strategic or operational challenges related to economics in an increasingly complex and uncertain environment. Within T3A, the Paris team dedicated to energy economics advises Engie corporate strategy and business units on energy markets fundamentals, long-term decarbonization strategy and choices regarding portfolios of activities across the value chain as well as market design.
To reinforce our capabilities in the field of energy economics the team seeking a :
Analyst « Energy Economics » (M/F)
Under the lead of a Chief Analyst or a Project Manager, the (Junior) Analysts are instrumental in developing, organizing and delivering the agreed economic analyses requested by the business entities. Together with the team, and in good intelligence with all the stakeholders, they shall:
· Gather market data in order to develop structured market analyses; continuously improve and substantiate the understanding of market fundamentals for electricity, gas, other fuels, emissions, green certificates, etc. and advise the business units on these topics;
· Develop decarbonisation pathways in line with European objectives;
· Apply appropriate simulation techniques and risk valuation methods to assess market and strategic risks for projects and portfolio of assets;
· Follow up the work of external consultants and join working groups gathering experts and decision makers from the team and the Business Lines;
· Actively cross-breed with his/her peers across the company on all the aforementioned topics.
· You have a master degree or PhD in engineering, mathematics or economics;
· You are proficient with operations research, quantitative decision analysis, statistics, econometrics or corporate/project finance;
· You have a basic understanding of the engineering, economics and financial fundamentals of the energy business, with at least 1+ year (Junior) to 3+ years in a consultant / advisory and/or in a quantitative analytical role
· You are familiar with mathematical modelling languages and simulation models widely used in the energy industry, or eager to learn them;
· You are able to structure market analysis and present the conclusions to middle or senior management;
· You want to closely and actively team up with operational business entities;
· You have a good team spirit and communication skills;
· You comfortably work in cross-functional and multi-cultural organizations;
· You are fluent in English and in French; the knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
· You are prepared for travelling in Europe and worldwide occasionally.
· Posting Date: Aug 19, 2019