- Electrabel (Gdf)
- 1777 abonnés
- Electrabel (Gdf)
Gas Market Analyst
Gas Market AnalystGlobal Energy Management (GEM) is one of the global business units of ENGIE. Its mission is to ensure the competitiveness of the group's business units and develop its own franchise trough a comprehensive range of services related to energy management.
Price and Modeling is part of the Business Innovation Oversight (BIO) department in GEM. The purpose of the team is to create a view on how to extract value from complexity in energy markets. P&M is structured in 4 sub-entities: Costing and Forecasting Models, Deal & Portfolio Valuation, Optimization Models and Market Modeling & Market view (3MV).
The mission of 3MV is to build and maintain GEM competitive advantage by an in depth understanding of commodity markets. We sit on the trading floor and cover coal, gas, power and oil markets. We develop fundamental market analysis to define GEM market views and to propose trading strategies or business ideas.
We are looking for a gas market analyst .
· you manage and contribute to projects related to fundamental gas market analysis
· you validate data sources, develop fundamental models or tools, set up and publish regular and ad-hoc reports
· you translate market analyses into trading strategies or business ideas
· you pro-actively inform management of structural moves in the markets and the resulting risks or opportunities for GEM & Engie
· you contribute to 3MV roadmap for future evolution of models and tools anticipating business needs. Take ongoing responsibility for business impact of these models
· you develop close relationship with traders and provide some real time support
· you collaborate with gas traders and operational teams to better answer and anticipate their needs, promoting team spirit and collaboration
· you have a master degree in Engineering or Economy, or in Mathematics / Applied Economics with a specialisation in business/ finance
· you are fluent in English
· you have a depth understanding of gas markets
· you have strong analytical skills: ability to build models (xls, VBA, SQL, Python, modeling languages)
· you have experience (minimum 3 years) in fundamental analysis in a business context with project management (econometrics, supply/demand models)
· you have experience in a trading environment
· you are able to translate market analyses into propositions/ Strategies and to communicate them clearly
· you have good communication skills
· you enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment
· you are well organized and able to cope with tight deadlines
Your HR Contact: Daphné Masson - 0032 2 518 68 60